Prince of Darkness SE on DVD R1 not just R2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donald W, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

ok I'm getting really sick of sertan films only coming out in a SE on R2 and not R1..case in point...I read over that Ain't it Cool News that both They Live and Prince of Darkness are going to be SE disks for R2 and not R1...this sucks so much cause I want to hear both commentaries for both of these films...plus as a side note, who else is a fan of Ginnger Snaps and wants the SE out over here on R1 other than the shity Artisan DVD that they put out

2. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I hear you brother. Im also mad about Starman SE getting the SE treatment overseas and not in R1.

Carpenter fans Unite!!

3. Donald W

yeah whats with that??? Starman is one of his best turns and a great film with a great love story...I'm just happy that MGM is working on still I hope a SE of Escape from New York to come out this year

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Donald,

I had the honor of meeting Carpenter last year and he said hes helping MGM with the Fog and Escape SEs for next year.

Matt

5. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
    I would gladly buy Prince Of Darkness and They Live if they were released as special editions.

Besides these titles are OOP, right?

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Prince of Darkness scared me more than any other film (mind you I was quite young and alone in the house when I saw it). I would certainly buy an SE of it if I could.

7. Donald W

Prince of Darkness is just a creepy film...I remember seeing it when I was a kid also and it scared me also...I just hope that they put these disks out...I mean anything with Victor Wong and Carpenter kickes ass!

8. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Prince of Darkness is one of my top 3 favorite films of all time, and having a SE would be heavenly for me! Universal needs to make it happen! They Live is excellent too, and a SE would rule!