What's new

Primeval (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Anybody going to check this one out come Friday?

I know it was moved up in release and such, but a part of me is still excited about seeing a killer alligator movie in theatres again. I know that Lake Placid wasn't too long ago, but this looks to be a bit more serious than that one.

The ads are terribly misleading as people at work have been asking me what that "new serial killer movie" is, but a small part of me hopes that this will be a pleasant little surprise.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This is about a killer alligator?? From the trailer I thought it was about some weird voodoo witchdoctor type killer in the swamps.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know it was about an alligator until this morning when some local radio guys were talking about it. That is some incredibly brutal marketing.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm fairly certain that it's about a killer crocodile or alligator. There seems to be some confusion regarding the film's plot: some think it's all about a killer croc, but others have said that it's a group of people hunting a great croc in Africa, and become the target of a murderous warlord.

I've got nothing to do today, I may see it.

But I agree, the marketing has been brutal! I just know some poor saps are going to see this becuase they think they're getting a serial killer thriller.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, the marketing has been very misleading. I also thought it was a "serial killer" film until I read about it at Creature Corner. Not sure I want to see it now.

From what I understand, it's basically a killer crocodile flick with some other elements as noted by MattFini.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Did anyone actually see this? Was wondering what people thought of it. I thought that it looked like it'd be a pretty fun ride. (And I have a giant Dominic Purcell crush. Like, of massive proportions.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And Alligator...
And Alligator II...
And Crocodile...
And Blood Surf...
And ...

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Well, I've been reading a lot of comparisions to something like a Jaws but with a crocodile, which sounds interesting enough to make me try tlo see it this weekend (provided I don't get incliement-weathered-in or anything.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks