Primetime Glick - 3/9

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Anyone see Primetime Glick this week? Two great interviews this week. I loved the part where Julia-Louis Dreyfus was trying to explain how she's not related to Richard Dreyfuss. The back-and-forth banter that Jiminy uses with some of his guests is the bestpart of the show. Also great to see Jeff Goldblum (Goldenblum) taking all those shots in stride from Jiminy!

2. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

For some reason, I can't stand this show. I like Martin Short, too. I love his movie "Clifford".

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah it's a one note character that for some reason the hollywood types love to fawn over. Short did some great stuff on SCTV, but Glick, in a word, sucks and ain't funny

4. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

With the exception of his falling out of his seat, he is one of my favorite characters by Short. His stream of consiousness interviews are hilarious. You want to laugh, but you also want to hear where the rest of the rant5 continues, so you snuffle and chortle until he poses his non sequiter at the end.

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I also like "Primetime Click" but I haven't seen one episode so far this year, I never know when it is on. I am gonna have to find out when it comes on next.

The problem with the show is that Glick needs someone that can fight back during the interviews and not let it get so one sided. When Glick interviewed Jerry Seinfeld and Seinfeld just ripped him up was just too funny.

6. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

Primetime Glick is on Saturday nights at 10 EST and is one of the few shows that I try to watch every week.

Glick: "You were born on the same day as Catherine Bell from JAG. What do you think of women in the military?"

Steve Martin: "What's a JAG?"

That is good comedy.

7. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Martin Short is a comedian's comedian. Hence, why he can get so many performers to put up with "Glick" on his show.

He is extremely funny, and the fact that his interviews are not rehersed make it even funnier.

And yes, the Steve Martin interview was a classic!