What's new

Primer Post test (1 Viewer)

RyanBoyce

Auditioning
I have definitely learned some things I needed before I get the DVE disc. I thought the SPL meter writeup was perfect. Now, Is there a writeup about the video aspect of the test and calibration. In order to take the guess work out of "color matching" I mean should I get a color meter? Do I need one???

Ryan

John.Meer

Agent
Here is an item for consideration:

I got a Canon ZR60 DV cam and wanted to test the converter. Hooked it to my DVD player through the S-video connection. The results:

Original VE > no copy protection

DVE > cancorder signals material is copy protected

I don't own any of the other test disks.

I remember that NO copy protection (i.e. Macrovision) was a feature of the original VE as the CP schemes all could affect output. Are there methods of CP through analog inputs (s-videao) that do not (potentially) affect the signal?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Nope, discs come with color filters you might need, but beyond that the only measurement tool is your eyes.

John- Given the HTF stance on discussion of copying material, no matter how useful it might seem, i might refrain from including info related to that in this post, just to play by house rules.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks