What's new

Prime Suspect - The Final Act? (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I thought previously the DVD's of these tele-films were available shortly
after their original air dates. Is anybody aware of a release date for
this (most likely) final installment of the series?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Series 6 aired in the USA in April of 2004. The DVD was released about a month later. I would gladly accept a longer space between the airing and release if they promise to avoid the horrible mistake of releasing it panned and scanned like that one, though. It appeared letterboxed on every PBS station that aired it, but for reasons still not explained was not released this way (or even better in enhanced widescreen) on video in R1.

Assuming there is no legal issue or planned PBS re-airing holding up the works, they may wait to announce this until after the Golden Globes, since Helen Mirren has received multiple nominations.

Regards,

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator

When I discovered the PS6 was full frame in North America, I decided to purchase the anamorphic version from the UK. So much better!

FYI, The Final Act is already out in the UK, and amazon.co.uk has it for 8.99 pounds, which translates to about $17.50 US. Yes, you pay shipping, but it's not much -- and you don't pay any tax.

Also, here in Canada, once you add a disc to your shopping cart, and amazon.co.uk knows you're a Canadian customer, the cost of the disc DROPS somewhat. I think it's because they deduct the VAT (tax) that only UK residents pay (which is built into the price of each disc).

Of course, you need a multi-region player...

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
According to the 'Cover Art' section at The Digital Bits, the U.S. (R1) release date is 8/28/07.

A bit of a wait ... but still good news.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I recently finished Final Act and thought it was one of the best of the bunch. However I can't help being a bit confused about

why Penny killed the other girl. Was it simply because she was pregnant with her father's baby? I guess I have a hard time figuring her motivation and even her refusal to take the out that Tennison gave her. Maybe we're supposed to feel as confused as people do in real life when things like this are done by young, promising people?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks