What's new

Prime Day and competitor's finds 2018 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No big deals on Prime yet (the good stuff starts at 3pm), but Walmart is getting a head start.

Tons of good stuff under the disk plus digital banner. Almost all of the seasons of GoT for $9.99. Ferdinand and Rick and Morty S3 also 9.99. Remember buying D+D gets you immediate access in your vudu account PLUS you get a second digital copy code in the disk pack that ships.

Justice League UHD for $9.99!
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/collection/content/Disc-Digital-Offer/26937#{%22minVisible%22:0}

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Matching BBY deal for those who prefer to receive RZ credit or if you have points to use.

Still about $20 higher than the BN non-member deal from last Christmas so there still some room to fall further for those that have waited this long. That deal or a hair better should be available again this year since supplies won't be as limited

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That one surprised me, but so far I will say this has been the most impressive leadup to Prime Day for Media since it started.
I don't think I've bought a single item on Prime Day from amazon.com other than a Gift Card when they were discounted.
Definitely beats their beyond lackluster prior Prime Days and last several BF weeks.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, at that price I had to bite even though I already own the Blu-rays. Time to eBay them! :)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I was able to order The Matrix UHD for 14.99 ($10 discount applied in the card). Won't ship for a month or two, but that's a great price.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I paged through over 350 deals in Electronics and didn't see much there. Lots of cameras, cords, adapters, and bluetooth speakers, but not much else.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Nothing for me as of yet but I have to be honest, that's what I was expecting. I don't remember the last Prime Day being good for physical media collectors either.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me as of yet but I have to be honest, that's what I was expecting. I don't remember the last Prime Day being good for physical media collectors either.

It wasn't -- usually it seems like each year there are 1 or 2 items are a good price, a bunch at lowest previous prices, and the usual price matches. in 2016 and 2017 other stores trounced Amazon at their own game.

This year the 4 Monster Legacy BD sets were $15 ea in the leadup to todya. There were several other items in their slow-burn Lightning Deals 20-30% below Amazon's prior lowest price.
The HP 4K set seems to be the big item for Prime Day
The Criterion BD Olympic boxset was a bit over $150 a few days ago.
The GOT set is a pretty good price if you aren't going wait fro the 1-8 boxset or hope that go back and do a 4K releases on every season
Quite a few $15 4K Disc are pretty good though most of them were just taken from teh 3 for 50 deal that;s been going on for 5 months plus a few Price Match deals that BBY has been running anyway.

My best Prime Day/Week deal so far was catch Deep Discounts short lived $8.99 price on Village of the Damned coming out next week and Target's coupon probably screwup last night which let me order the August Criterions for around $13 ea.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked up several from this thread, too--the $14.99 UHD list (I upgraded my copy of The Matrix) and the 20% off titles (Downfall, Young Mr. Lincoln and The Age of Innocence).

Youse guys cost me....erm, I mean SAVED me...some serious dough. :D

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks