What's new

primal - ps2 - your impression? (1 Viewer)

douglas.j

Auditioning
im very excited about this myself after having read some reviews and peeping some screenshots. visuals are pretty and adventure games are always fun!

paul h

Supporting Actor
The team working on this did Medieval on the PSX and i really enjoyed that game so hopefully this title will be at least as good.

When i see the screenshots it reminds me of Drakan:The Ancient Gates and that is a great game.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Paul: I was just thinking about Drakan. I really loved that game. Some people of questionable opinion (haha *ducks*) found it so-so, but it really did it for me.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Each to their own i suppose, everyone's entitled to an opinion, even if it's wrong ;) for me Drakan was an excellent game and one i really got into.

I played Panzer Dragoon Orta for a couple of hours last night and it did nothing for me (ducks for cover :D), it looks and sounds great but i didn't feel at all compelled to carry on playing. Put Halo on though and i won't put the controller down!!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I played Panzer Dragoon Orta for a couple of hours last night and it did nothing for me (ducks for cover )
Shall I pepper you with the fists of fury now? Or would you prefer them later?:D

(Of course as you said Paul, everyone is entitled to thier opinion. Even if they're wrong;))

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

As the world's biggest Medieval fan (me), I am curious: what did you think of the sequel?

Back on topic: there are few things better than a really fantastic action adventure (Zelda, anybody?), so I await Primal with great anticipation.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Romier, bring on those fists of fury :D Though to be fair i gave it another try last night and hows this for an about turn, really enjoyed it!! The 1st time i played i wasnt taking advantage of the three different wings, last night i did and enjoyed it a lot more. Have to say the story is a bit puzzling to me but then i've never played any of the other Panzer games, so far im upto level 3 and havung a blast :D

Eric, to be honest i wasn't that keen on Medieval 2, just didnt grab me like the 1st one.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

Excellent! I fully agree, only I think you're being far too kind to what amounted to a sizable train wreck--for me, anyway.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
As the world's biggest Medieval fan (me), I am curious: what did you think of the sequel?
I'm a big fan of the first Medieval as well Eric. Great game to play on Halloween:). I also was not too keen on the sequel. I thought the gameplay was there but the setting change really took me out of the game for some reason.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Will do Romier, i'm looking forward to seeing more of the game and catching up on the story will help!

Medieval was one of my fave games on my old PSX, i remember thinking how much like a Tim Burton film it was, very cool atmosphere. Im just hoping Primal turns out to be more than a Tomb Raider clone but from what i've read it sounds promising.

What did you guys think of Maximo? i had a good time with that game.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Maximo was quite good and if I could get something more than token free time, I might actually finish it some day :)

Chances are I'll be on the sequel before I really get a chance to play that one again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks