primal - ps2 - your impression?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by douglas.j, Jan 22, 2003.

1. douglas.j

douglas.j Auditioning

im very excited about this myself after having read some reviews and peeping some screenshots. visuals are pretty and adventure games are always fun!

2. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

3. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

The team working on this did Medieval on the PSX and i really enjoyed that game so hopefully this title will be at least as good.

When i see the screenshots it reminds me of Drakan:The Ancient Gates and that is a great game.

4. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Paul: I was just thinking about Drakan. I really loved that game. Some people of questionable opinion (haha *ducks*) found it so-so, but it really did it for me.

5. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Each to their own i suppose, everyone's entitled to an opinion, even if it's wrong [​IMG] for me Drakan was an excellent game and one i really got into.

I played Panzer Dragoon Orta for a couple of hours last night and it did nothing for me (ducks for cover [​IMG]), it looks and sounds great but i didn't feel at all compelled to carry on playing. Put Halo on though and i won't put the controller down!!

6. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

8. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

As the world's biggest Medieval fan (me), I am curious: what did you think of the sequel?

Back on topic: there are few things better than a really fantastic action adventure (Zelda, anybody?), so I await Primal with great anticipation.

9. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Romier, bring on those fists of fury [​IMG] Though to be fair i gave it another try last night and hows this for an about turn, really enjoyed it!! The 1st time i played i wasnt taking advantage of the three different wings, last night i did and enjoyed it a lot more. Have to say the story is a bit puzzling to me but then i've never played any of the other Panzer games, so far im upto level 3 and havung a blast [​IMG]

Eric, to be honest i wasn't that keen on Medieval 2, just didnt grab me like the 1st one.

10. Eric C. Mylonas

Excellent! I fully agree, only I think you're being far too kind to what amounted to a sizable train wreck--for me, anyway.

11. Romier S

Romier S Producer

12. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Will do Romier, i'm looking forward to seeing more of the game and catching up on the story will help!

Medieval was one of my fave games on my old PSX, i remember thinking how much like a Tim Burton film it was, very cool atmosphere. Im just hoping Primal turns out to be more than a Tomb Raider clone but from what i've read it sounds promising.

What did you guys think of Maximo? i had a good time with that game.

13. Eric C. Mylonas

Yeah, Maximo was quite good and if I could get something more than token free time, I might actually finish it some day [​IMG]

Chances are I'll be on the sequel before I really get a chance to play that one again.