What's new

Pride and Prejudice (1995 mini, BBC/A&E) Blu-ray 3/31/09 (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Pride And Prejudice (mini-series) DVD news: Announcement for Pride and Prejudice on Blu-ray | TVShowsOnDVD.com

This is my wife's favorite. I'll be very interested to see what they can do with it in HD. The previous DVD incarnations did not boast impressive picture quality. Hopefully a new start from original elements will improve things greatly.

(Looks like some positive comments about the UK BD release at Amazon. It will be good to see this with better colors.)

edit: sorry for originally posting this in Hardware by mistake.

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
Although filmed on 16mm (as are most UK filmed TV shows) this does look very nice.

When I compared the BD to the original UK DVD of it, the BD was massively better.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
I am soooo happy to hear this. I absolutely love it, and the Keira Knightly P & P did nothing for me. I will be all over it, because I cashed in my gift cards for Best Buy about a week ago and purchased an S550, fearing to hold on too long to my gift cards in this questionable economy. I'm such a girly girl that so far there's not been much out there in Blu for me--but this and Cranford, coming out soon in blu also, will be one of my first purchases. Thanks for the info.

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
Just as a quick follow up - in case US fans cannot wait, the UK release of this which came out in September is region free. I tested it on one of my US PS3s.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

The BD quality is superb and knocks the DVD out of the park. I hadn't realised how mediocre the DVD was until I saw this BD version. (Please note I'm talking about the UK release on 2 Entertain, but I assume the A&E edition will be the same transfer.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks