Pricematch and AMEX-Blue

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoeDelan, Dec 5, 2001.

1. JoeDelan

JoeDelan Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone bought from the Local B&M with their AMEX Blue, then Pricematched with an Online or another Merchant that is cheaper through American Express Blue?

Just wondering if they honor Online Store Prices. Does not say on their Website. this is all they say...

"Best Value Guarantee

With the Best Value Guarantee, you'll pay the lowest price available on items purchased with the Card. If you see a covered item advertised in print for less than you paid within 60 days of the purchase date, we'll refund the difference to you, up to $250 per item

Best Value Guarantee assures the lowest price available on purchases made entirely with an eligible American Express® Card in the U.S. Refunds are limited to $1,000 annually per Card account. We will gladly honor your request for a refund on a savings of $10 or more. For more details or to file a request for a refund, call 1-800-557-8317."

I guess I can always call the number, but just wondered if anyone has any firsthand knowledge...

2. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Joe,

I've about used up my $1000 limit for this year. It's a great program and really does work. Believe me, there are plently of other people taking full advantage of this.

I suggest try it out. They get you a check for the difference within 10-12 days. It's really quick.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Aaron

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Aaron,

So let me get this right....say I go and buy a Denon 3802 at a BM for $1000 and then can I price match that purchase at say Crazy Eddie for say $700 and then have AMEX send me a check for $300????? If so thats fucking amazing!

4. JoeDelan

JoeDelan Stunt Coordinator

ACtually, they will only do $250 of that $300. Only $250 per item. up to $1000 in a year.

5. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Yep, like I said, its almost too good to be true. There are a couple of rules. First, the max rebate is $250/item. SO if you could get the local guy to $950 and then PM with a $700 place, you'd be maximizing your rebate.

Something else to consider is that AmEx does not take into account shipping charges, so you definitely want to find the lowest price period.

I bought some diving stuff this way. It's very simmilar to stereo equipment. If you buy on the internet, you get an awesome price, but you don't get the warrenty. If you buy from a local dive shop, you pay the premiums and get the warranty.

I plan on buying the 3802 like this too. I'm hoping to get it from 6thave.com (an authorized dealer). I'd like to get them to do it for $900 (including shipping). Then price-match to a lower price (that I found after the sale, of course) for around $650. There's your $250 rebate.

Good luck,

Aaron