Price Question on Sony KV-32HS20

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil White, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

Is $1,620.00 shipped a good price for this TV? I'm on the verge but looking for the best deal (obviously).

N

2. Neil White

Nevermind. I took the plunge. This is my first digital TV. It's actually going to go in my family room, not my main theater. The main theater is waiting for a nice widescreen rear projection.

It's been a while since I bought any new components. Now I've got to sit and wait for the shipment!

N

3. Neil White

Well it's shipped so now I'm beside myself waiting for it to arrive. I reckon I'm looking at next week sometime for it to get here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing anamorphic in action for the first time. Yes, I still have never seen anamorphic in action, either on a 16:9 TV or on a 4:3 with the "squeeze."

I just know I'm going to get a burning sensation to upgrade my main HT RPTV after getting this one. Why am I replacing my family room TV and not the main HT TV you may ask... Well, my mother will be needing a TV soon and she's going to have my 5-year old Sony 32" so I'm using the opportunity to upgrade that set.

N

4. Neil White

Well, it's supposed to arrive this morning. Anyone have any particular advice on this TV with regards to settings/calibration etc...?

N

5. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Most people recommend to turn off or disable SVM