What's new

Price of Revel "Gem" (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
msrp is 3000 bucks. i bet you can get it for around 2600. but then you still need big ass amp and speaker stands...

Mike Burke

Stunt Coordinator
The price may be $3K MSRP but this EACH depending on the finish. The stands are 1500.00 pair! For a $8K investment I like the new F50's MUCH better! I LOVE those speakers!

Mike

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I believe the Revel Ultima Gem is around $8,000 a pair, although I don't know if that includes stands. The price also depends upon the finish, so it could be more or less than that. I personally think the floorstanding Ultima Studio for another $2000 or $3000 is a better buy, but the Ultima is a great mini monitor.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Mike Burke,

I've seen you make a couple of your posts with the F-50 mentioned. I have the F-30s and was wondering your impression of the F-50s. They are actually smaller than the F-30 I think. I saw a pair in a Seattle store but they weren't setup yet. I'm curious as to how they compared to the F-30s.

Mike Burke

Stunt Coordinator
Darell,

Well they sound similar and different in the same sense. The bass in the F30's is a little more "chesty (ie: you feel it)" where as the F50's more natural. Similar Mid's and only slightly different highs. According to the dealer the (3)6.5in drivers in the F50 should move more air then the single 10in in the F30. I was a little skeptical about such small drivers packing a punch but I ate my words quickly! I like hard rock and I used Creed's My Own Prison CD which really slams hard and even the salesrep seemed surprised at the punch the F50's packed. The F50's from my understanding are a completely different driver design then the F30's. I have read comments that the F50's are like 90%-ish performance of the Studios.

I really like the F30's alot and would buy them in a second but budget allowing the F50's are my 1st choice (well money no issue I'd get the Salons!..haa haa). How about this H.T. use 3 F30's as mains behind a preforated 150in screen in your basement!!! I hope I answered your questions..let me know if I didn't.

Mike

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Thanks Mike.
I'll have to head back to my local Revel dealer and give the F-50 a listen. Leaving my credit card at home of course. :)
I was using twin SVS subs to handle the bass with the F-30s cutoff at 60Hz. But, then added a Rotel 1090 amp which give plenty of power (500wpcx2@6ohm) to the F-30s 10" drivers. Now the SVS are not longer needed for music.
Thanks for the info.

Mike Burke

Stunt Coordinator
Darrel,
I was in a VERY dangerous place...I HAD my credit card on me! :) My current electronics would need to be upgraded to enjoy the F30/F50's so I had a momentary flash of common sense and didn't buy anything! Is it me or do you sometimes feel like a crack head in a drug store sweating in your palms just wanting to have something?? :)
Let me know how the audition goes!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks