Price of Paradigm Monitor 11?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio_B, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Antonio_B

Antonio_B Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,how are you?
    I would like to know what would be the price of the Monitor 11 from Paradigm.
    BTW,if any one knows a site where they list the prices of all the Monitor Speakers from Paradigm will be very appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Edmundo Lopez

Edmundo Lopez Auditioning

I'm also interested in these speakers. Does anybody know what is the best price you can get in Windsor?

Thanks in advance.

3. Mark_Stamper

Mark_Stamper Auditioning

i think they are 1200 us dollors

4. MichaelTa

MichaelTa Agent

Was looking and listening to Monitor 11's last night. Was at one of the local audio stores and the only one in Salt Lake City Utah that sells Paradigm's. I was there picking up a Yamaha RX-V1300 and asked to hear some speakers for on down the road. List price for the 11's is $1049 usd. This store is willing to knock a little of that off but not much. After all they are the only listed dealer. I would like to audition them in my home but they do not have a return policy only store credit, granted a $1000 store credit is not a bad thing when it comes to higher end audio.
    I can say I did like the sound of them but for the life of me this store does not have a cd player that plays cd-r's and I was not able to listen to any of my Dead shows that I had with me so I am going to have to take my own player with me next time to really get a good listen to what I spend quite a bit of my time listening to.

5. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

you should look at audioreview.com,I saw some model with defects,glue coming loose I think.

6. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

List Price for a pair of Monitor 11s is $1049 a pair. My local paradigm gives an imediate, up front, no haggling 20% discount on all Paradigm products. That would put the Monitor 11s at $839.20 + tax.

Also, for a complete source of the list price of pretty much EVERY speaker (other than internet-only brands), as well as pretty much every other type of equipment, you should pick up the Sound & Vision Buyer's Guide 2003 which is still on news stands for $5.95 US and $695 Canadian.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

7. Matt Odegard

Matt Odegard Stunt Coordinator

My local store has them as $899. So it varies, snoop around.

8. ScottATL

ScottATL Stunt Coordinator

Stephen, can you give me the name and number of your dealer, and where they are located? My dealer gave me 10% off, but I would like to look around for my next purchase. Bad side is I would pay shipping, but good side is I wouldn't pay state tax. State tax on 1000 = $70, and shipping shouldn't be more then that, and an extra 10% off would save me $100.

Thanks

9. Matt Odegard

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Paradigm allows their auhorized dealers to mail order. I know my local doesn't. You have to come to the store to buy and they say its their policy they have with Paradigm. So you may be SOL, on mail order.

10. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

I'm guessing Matt is right, but FIY, the dealer is:

AMERICAN HOME SHOWPLACE
    3010 OLD DUG GAP RD.
    DALTON, GA
    706-277-3132

It's actually not an A/V store, but instead, a HUGE furniture/carpet store that has a small HT area selling Paradigm speakers, Yamaha receivers, and Mitsubishi TVs. Their 20% upfront discount surprised me, and I'll probably pick up a second set of Titans there to replace my Atoms as back surrounds.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

11. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Just curious, as I have Paradigm Monitor 9s already, but are all these prices for v3s? I haven't been looking for a while, so I don't know if all Paradigms have moved onto v3s or not...thanks [​IMG]

12. Matt Odegard

I believe the ones I staited are V2's, and their on sale now for $650.

13. ScottATL

ScottATL Stunt Coordinator

Who in Dalton doesn't sell carpet? [​IMG] I'm in Atlanta, so if I make another purchase, the drive may be worth the savings. Thanks for the info.

14. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

For real! I went to about 5 of those places before i found the right one... and when i got in the store, it took me another 15 min to find the HT section.

This place doesn't keep alot in stock, but can order anything you want w/ no shipping charge. Everything they get in is V3. I may get another set of titans there if i decide the atoms i got off ebay aren't cutting it as back surrounds. for $176, the titans are a steal.

Hope this helps.