What's new

Price of N24II's at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
I went into best buy today to buy a pair of JBL N24II's to complete my 6.1 systems (one for my room one for living room). I checked BBs website because I had seen them for 89 a while back, but they were back to 99. A few months earlier I had purchased a pair of N26II's for $129.99.

Well anyways I get there and I look around, I see the a few boxes of N24s in there little room. I get an employee to get the box for me and I head to checkout, she scans the bow and $159 shows up on the screen. I told the chekcout lady that, its wrong. She says no its not. I told her there website says 99. She says thats per speaker. Rather than get in an agrument with them I just said nevermind and walked out.

Well my question is... Does BB have differnt prices instore rather than online? Should I just do the instore pick up and get them for 99? Or should I go in there with this page printed out and try to get them for 99?

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Alright I geuss I will try that, I wish I thought of that earlier today, now I have to wait untill friday...

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Nathan, if you're purchasing it w/plastic (?), then just purchase it thru their website and choose "Store Pickup"! I do that all the time since I get 1% back from eBates!

Phil

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Well my mom gave me a hundreded dollar bill so that I could get the speakers really fast today so that wont work. But I should be able to use the printed page right? Or do the BB stores have differnt prices for the web?

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Nathan,

There have been several threads about BB and web and
in-store pricing. They claim it is a separate "entity"
so they don't honor it unless you use the "store pick-up"
option that was mentioned in previous post,
having the website page printed out will not get you website price
(a friend tried here in our local BB and well store manager basically laughed him out of the store)

Give it a try though the manager at your location
might need the "sale" to get his number in line and might take the chance (though I doubt for reason stated above).

TTYL,

Brent

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Well I really dont like dealing with anyone when I buy my speakers, so I will just do the in-store pickup. I cant stand to go and argue is seamingly mindless people.

Thanks for the help everyone, you saved me an hours drive through traffic.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd really consider N26 or N28 mains for one of the rooms and use the extra N24s to finish out 6.1 in both. At the insane low prices they are available I think they'd be a worthwhile upgrade. I had N28 mains and 4 N24s in the back along w/ an N Center powered by a Pioneer 811 and it was a great lil setup. The N28s really did fill out the front soundstage better than the N24s. Check online for prices on the N26s and N28s.

Hope this helps :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Nathan, If you have a credit card, do the purchase on-line and proceed with the in-store pickup option. Even though you would have entered a credit card number to proceed with the order on-line, Best Buy will still need to process the credit card when you pick your items up at the store. With that being said, when you are dealing with the cashier at the store, tell them you have $100 cash that you want to apply to the purchase. They should then be able to accomodate this option into the payment for the purchase.

Best of luck! :)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, thanks Wayne, I did the instore pick up option, but I cant get to it till friday, hopefully they wont cancel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.