Price of gas in Lancaster/Palmdale CA.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Cowmeadow, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Ok, It seems I will be moving here in the very near future, would someone be kind enough to give me some details on gas prices today, and any other bits of info that might help me out about the area.

Thanks, Bill

2. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    I don't know much about Kansas, but I don't think you're in for too much of a change. [​IMG]

3. Trace Downing

Trace Downing Supporting Actor

Trace Downing
    WOW! I grew up in Lancaster...back in the 70s when it was around 45,000-50,000 people. I'm curious as to what it's up to now.
    I remember the wind being overwhelming though, and that Palmdale was a dump.[​IMG]

4. Ron Etaylor

Ron Etaylor Second Unit

Gee Bill that makes staying in Kechi pretty attractive, doesn't it?[​IMG]

5. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

6. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I was in Lancaster in mid June. The gas prices were lower than most other southern California cities. (San Diego county, Riverside county etc.)

7. Trace Downing

Trace Downing Supporting Actor

Trace Downing
    Sorry about that Bill, I didn't mean to make it sound like a depressing place. [​IMG]
    Actually Lancaster was very nice, and clean when I lived there. I haven't been back in 18 years, so take that with a grain of salt. It could possibly be that Palmdale got nicer. Who knows? If I can take a high school's website for any indication, Quartz Hill has become the ritzy-shitzy part of the Antelope Valley. Plenty of desert oases with huge haciendas.
    If the cities are built up, then the wind wouldn't blow so many tumbleweeds around, which Kansas still gets in the western part.
    Movie Trivia: That Drive-In theater that turns into a reflective laser weapon in "Spies Like Us" is (or was) on Sierra Hwy, and Avenue H. The first movie I saw there was Jaws, or Pete's Dragon...can't remember.
    There Ron! Is that a little better?:b

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Well, I love the Mojave desert.

And there's Edwards AFB nearby--and Willow Springs Raceway (a mecca for area motorcyclists).

Lancaster's not so bad. You'll do fine. The desert is good (and I prefer it to the beaches).