1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Price of Anthem MCA amps in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gil D, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

I am interested in the Anthem MCA Series II amplifiers.
    Is it possible to take advantage of the exchange rate and purchase Anthem products over the border. Also, will Anthem dealers ship to the US?
    Which dealers would you recommend, preferably in Ontario.
    TIA

2. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Over a year ago, I was quoted CDN$1575-$1600 for Series I of MCA 5. Canadian list was CDN$2100. I think that the US list was US$1400. All prices are for Series I.
    IMO, based on the above, there isn't as much as an advantage of getting the Anthem in Canada....at least for Series I. Not sure if this still applies for Series II. Any good dealer (US or Canadian) should give you at least 15-20-25% off MSRP.
    Dave

3. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I recently just purchased a mca-2 for(let me check the reciept) for 950 plus tax.

4. Tim_S

Tim_S Stunt Coordinator

I think I paid about $1300 (US) for my MCA5 S2 about 4-5 months ago including shipping and 5 Kimber PBJ interconnects. I found a Canadian dealer who was willing to ship to me as there are no Anthem dealers around Tallahassee. Needless to say, the exchange rate did help out a fair bit since, as was mentioned in a previous post, I think US list is $1400 just for the amp.
    Tim
    [Edited last by Tim_S on July 15, 2001 at 04:13 PM]