Price of a used Pioneer Elite PRO-700?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KevinZ, Feb 5, 2005.

1. KevinZ

KevinZ Auditioning

Feb 4, 2005
    Curious what you guys think is a decent price for a used Pioneer Elite Pro-700 64" widescreen HDTV. TV has very minimal use. I think they cost around $7000.00 new just a couple of years ago.

Reason is, my friend is moving and may be looking to sell his. I might be interested, so I am just wondering what you guys think is fair for both buyer and seller. I won't be getting it cheap, just paying whatever he deices to list it at if he lists it in the paper. Trying to help him come up with a price too..

Any opinions are appreciated.
  2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

Nov 9, 1999
    Gregg Loewen

the newest Elite 730HDI sets have on clearance (over the past year) for as little as $2500 ish.

The 700 is the the first generation, meaning that it is currently 5-6 years old. Its convergence system is very antequated, meaning that it is only 1 set above analog in nature.

Any brand of RPTV of newer technology would easily produce a better image. New 65" RPTVs can be purchased for less than $2000 ish.

So, 2000 for a new set or XXX for the 5-6 year set. Whats it worth to you?

If I were selling my Toshiba 65H80 which is 2 years newer than the 700 set Id be wanting about $1000 for it (which may be a little on the high side).

Hope this helped,