Price of a Denon 3200?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rbirk, Jan 8, 2002.

1. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

I recently bought a Denon 3802 and now my older Denon 3200 is collecting dust. What would one be worth? It is in good shape and I just want a pointer to what price to ask for when selling it.

Ron Birk

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Boy! I hate to make you cry, but it's just not worth much...unless you find a motivated 3200 buyer. There have been three 3xxx Denon models since your 3200.

You might check ebay or audiogon.com. But I'd guess that $100 or so???

(Can you use it in a bedroom or rec room?? You'd have a premo foundation for a 2nd setup.)

3. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I just sold mine about 2 months ago and got $200. Someone else on this board sold theirs for around the same. The 3200 is a great reciever, for bedroom or 2nd HT you would be hard pressed to find a better reciever for around $200.

Earle

4. Glenn Baumann

Glenn Baumann Stunt Coordinator

Ron,

As Earle has stated, I also sold my Denon AVR-3200 which was in totally mint condition for the sum of $200.00 and the buyer paid the shipping and insurance which I charged $10.00 for. The 3200 is one real workhorse of a receiver and exhibits Denon's traditional warm and neutral sound along with a built in AC3 RF demodulator and 6 channel inputs. It is a GREAT receiver ask anyone!

Regards,

Glenn

5. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys. Then I know. I might just keep it around as it does not seem to be worth that much.

Ron Birk

6. Mike Burke

Mike Burke Stunt Coordinator

RBirk,
    I have the AVR 3200 and if I trade it in before this March, I get $900.00 trade in value for it and I bought it in MASS.! Sometimes you have to check out the stereo shops to find out what is the best long term price your going to get! Where I bought it isn't always the cheapest but they offer a 3 year full value trade in policy as long as the product is twice the value that you are upgrading too!
    Check out their website www.natural-sound.com.
    Any questions let me know! MaranLO550@aol.com
    Mike

7. Sam Chapman

Sam Chapman New User

I have a Denon 3200 receiver in great condition and I can't even get $60.00 for it on Craigslist. That's including the remote and a nice Mitsubitchi dvd player. For something that cost $1200.00 new it sure doesn't hold it's resale value very well. I haven't even gotten one call on it yet and it's been over a week. Guess I'll just keep it. I have two nice receivers already. Ones a Yamaha HTR-5150 and a Pioneer VSX-9900S. Both sound awesome. So does the Denon but each one has it's good points in sound. I'd be a damn fool to let any of them go for less than $200.00. There's no way I could get this quality of sound in a new unit without paying at least $1000.00. If no one calls in a few more days I'm keeping the Denon. Don't need the money that bad anyway. Have a nice day.