What's new

Price is Right Question (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I've heard that CBS is trying to speed up the pace of TPIR to add in, sigh, more commercials that no one will watch. So, I asked, why don't they just get rid of the product descriptions, wich could add precious minutes to their commercial time? I was told it would be 'illegal' in terms of TPIR rules to do so.

Anyone think they could elaborate on this?

Thanks!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The whole show is basically one big commercial to start with. The whole purpose of the product descriptions is to promote the products for which TPIR either receives payment or donation of the prizes that are given away. It wouldn't be against the law to stop reading them, but they'd lose lots of sponsor cash and prizes.
So it's rather funny that they want to put more commercials in the middle of what is already a one-hour commercial. :laugh:
There's something in the credits at the end of the show about "the following companies provided cash or prizes" for their promotion or some such thing.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Product descriptions help the contestants to decide on product values. But they also serve as advertisements. Even when they're not showing commercials they are advertising products...so I really don't understand why they want to change the format.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>.Product descriptions help the contestants to decide on product values. But they also serve as advertisements. Even when they're not showing commercials they are advertising products...so I really don't understand why they want to change the format. >>

Agreed. But, I guess that's the way the new management thinks. Just like how they booted the old models out, and brought in these newer, younger versions to try and boost ratings...

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
Instead of adding more commercials, CBS should realize that the audience for TPIR is no longer made up of just old people, and change the commercials to match. A lot of college students watch TPIR but most of the ads are targeted at the older people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks