1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Price increase on Radio Shack SPL

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Glaeske, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone else notice that Radio Shack raised the price of the analog SPL meter to $35?
    Did they catch on that HT people are starting to use them and they could charge more?
    Brian G.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Brian- This is good!
    I had heard that the analog version was discontinued. So better the price go up a little than not available at all...
    ------------------

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

4. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

I agree, it's better news than it appears to be. Better they keep it in the line and raise the price rather than drop it.
    Deane

5. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Raised to $35? The analog version has been $39.99 every time I've ever thought to look at Radio Shack stores in SoCal, definitely since early this year, and each store has always had stock.
    ------------------
    My DVD Library
    Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

6. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Does anybody have the part number for the spl meter at Radio Shack in Canada? I searched for the american part # on radioshack.ca and it returned no results, as well as other search query's. Any help is much appriciated.

7. Rick_L

Rick_L Extra

The catalog # on my spl meter is 33-2050. I looked in the Canadian 2001 catalog and didn't see it. They may not sell them in Canada any more.