Price increase on Radio Shack SPL

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Glaeske, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone else notice that Radio Shack raised the price of the analog SPL meter to $35?
    Did they catch on that HT people are starting to use them and they could charge more?
    Brian G.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Brian- This is good!
    I had heard that the analog version was discontinued. So better the price go up a little than not available at all...
    ------------------

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

4. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

I agree, it's better news than it appears to be. Better they keep it in the line and raise the price rather than drop it.
    Deane

5. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Raised to $35? The analog version has been $39.99 every time I've ever thought to look at Radio Shack stores in SoCal, definitely since early this year, and each store has always had stock.
    ------------------
    My DVD Library
    Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

6. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Does anybody have the part number for the spl meter at Radio Shack in Canada? I searched for the american part # on radioshack.ca and it returned no results, as well as other search query's. Any help is much appriciated.

7. Rick_L

Rick_L Extra

The catalog # on my spl meter is 33-2050. I looked in the Canadian 2001 catalog and didn't see it. They may not sell them in Canada any more.