Price for Paradigm 90P's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeb, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Jeb

Jeb Extra

Looking into buying a pair of 90P's v2. They advertise to sell at around 1600, but they have a special of $1199 and you get a free onkyo dvd player (non-progressive). Does anybody have a sense if this seems to be a good deal? I know I should go to Canada, but unless someone is willing to do the legwork for me, I just live too darn far away. Plus, the place offered me 18% off retail for the rears and center.

There's also the outside chance that I might be able to get them to give me the floor model for $200 less.
    -jeb

2. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

In their price range the 90Ps are an excellent value, I've had a pair of the v1 model for about 3 years and have been very happy with them. $1200 sounds like a pretty decent price for a new pair ov v2's and $200 off the floor model sounds even better.

If you do go for the floor model, make sure you inspect them carefully and give them a good listening test. Also, they should come with the full factory warrenty. If they look good, sound good and come with a full warrenty, go for it. Mine were also floor models and it didn;t hurt the sound at all.

3. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor