What's new

Price for a used Proceed PAV (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Scott
I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what a good value is for a used Proceed PAV pre-amp? I have the opportunity to pick one up for a decent buck and wondered if I was getting a good deal.

Thanks

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I would check Audigon for pricing on these. Without the PDSD portion of the unit, you cannot have DTS or DD, I don't think. Proceed has completely abandoned this platform. Check this Link from AVS for more details. Good to see someone from out in my neck of the woods!

Real Name
Scott
Hey Daryl
Manitou eh? Yeah, I know that place probably better than it appears. I grew up in Cartwright, so I spent lots of time in Manitou (baseball/hockey). Thanks for the info though. Looks like Madrigal really dropped the ball on this line. Sure scares a guy a little from looking at any of their stuff again.

They just had a decent deal on the processor that was a floor model at Advance, so I wondered if it was even worth looking at. I guess not.

Thanks
Scott

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well they left their customers that paid $10000 US for the combo out to dry for sure. I saw that one at Advance a couple weeks ago too and wondered how well it would work with my system, but you need the DSD for the digital formats, and I couldn't find anyone selling those. It doesn't have an analog 5.1 input either, or you could use a DVD player with the built-in decoders.

I am originally from the Dauphin area, moved out here after university.

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Under $500 is a good price on a used unit. If the unit you are looking at is a demo w/ warrenty than it may be worth a little more, but that is up to you.

You will- need the pdsd for digital, which can be expensive and tough to find. However, this unit in prologic mode sounds better than a lot of other dd chips. The pav was a statement piece about ten years ago. Yes, Madrigal left some of their customers up the river, but if they did not we woulden't be having this conversation, and the pav would be going for about $2500.

Also, the pav is excellent as a 2ch preamp. IMO it is one of the better options for a used, solid state, remote controled preamplifier

Real Name
Scott
Thanks Rob, looks like I'll likely pass. Going rate was $1000 on this unit so maybe a little pricey.

Daryl, sounds like it was the same piece of equip at Advance. I was just there last weekend.

Thanks again for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks