price drops?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Nick-R, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Nick-R

Nick-R Agent

i'm pretty new to the world of projectors. i'm not looking to purchase until may, which will be when my home will be finished. i see that panasonic and sanyo are upgrading models, and their current models (z3 and ae700) are right in my price range. how long do you think these projectors will be on the market, and how much of a price drop can i expect on the new models over the next 6-8 months.

i guess i'm wondering if i should purchase the older models right now in case they are discontinued, or if i can wait.

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I would wait, the prices will only go down.

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

In may the prices for the 700 and the Z3 will be lower obviously but you may have a hard time locating a new one. There will be plenty of refurbs though I am sure. As for the ones replacing them....the Z4 and ae900 you will not see any major price drop on them at that time since they will be new to the market. The MSRP is around $3000 but figure street prices will be around the $2400 range and maybe a bit less. This is obviously all speculation but that is pretty much what happened with the predecesors.