What's new

Price check: Selling JVC 32" 32D201 TV two years old. (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I paid a load of money for this TV two years ago, because of the extended warranty, but most of that value will be lost. At least there are 3 or four years left on the transferable warranty. The TV cost me $1345.54 CDN two years ago including the extended warranty for a total of 5 or six years.

A similar (ever so very slightly better (3 line vs 2 line digital comb filter) TV goes for $899.99 CDN plus tax for a total of $1034.99 plus extended warranty of equal value like I've got remaining on this TV is worth at least another $100.00. More really, but the value of the extended warranty isn't worth quite as much on this older TV. So to acquire a TV similar to this, you're looking at roughly $1125.00 CDN.

So I will likely want to sell this TV locally. The TV is in perfect shape and hasn't really been used an aweful lot. No scratches, no damage at all.

How much should I be looking for this TV?

thanx for any advice :)

bruin

Second Unit
chris,

If I were to buy a used tv, I would look at the prices of comparable new models and usually pay 65% of the new tv's value including the warranty. So checking up the prices of a comparable model might help.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Right. Thats exactly what I did in terms of the actual JVC model. I can't compare with other brands though really. But using the method you mentioned, I'd say $899.99 Canadian plus tax=$1034.00 times 65% = $ 675.00 approx. Thats not including the warranty. I'd say thats not bad. If I got $700.00 for it, I'd be happy, but that gives me a rough idea. Who knows what people are willing to actually pay for a TV like this, I'm just getting an idea of what I should ask for it for starters.

Anybody else?

thanx

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks