Previously Owned DVDs From Blockbuster

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Markus Lidstrom, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Stunt Coordinator

At a local blockbuster they were liquidating some old stock and I snagged up Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park II, Shadow of the Vampire, Fantasia 2000, Star Wars ep1, The Insider and a few others for $10USD. However they came with a silver sticker on the inside that is a) extremely difficult to remove and b) when removed leaves another 20 stickers saying void. Has anyone else has trouble with this, or has even found a good solution to the removal?

Thanks!

2. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Just leave it there. If you don't focus on it, it wont bother you. I get them since you can get great bargens on new dvds. The only thing you have to do is clean the disc with some cd cleaners.

3. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

Bart

I have found that Goo Gone works really well. I've used on the 3 or 4 discs I bought from BB, including a double sided disc.

4. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte Stunt Coordinator

I've thought about taking them off but then I thought WHY bother!!!

Goo Gone is good but it's basically the same as lighter fluid and costs more!

5. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

I have used Goo Gone and Lighter Fluid and would have to go with the Goo Gone.
    My reasons:
    1)nice orangy smell as compared to oily smell
    2)seems to work better using less ammounts
    3)wipes up easier
    Either way you go (or just leave the things on) clean the disc befor use...some people just can't keep their grimy fingers off the surface.[​IMG]

6. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Stunt Coordinator

I fixed it... and damn was it ever simple.

I just peeled the sticker off with my fingernail, which left all those VOID stickers. To remedy that, I simply got some tape and placed it on the VOID areas and then slowly peeled back the tape. Worked like a charm and with no marks or any other bad results.

7. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Goo gone works good, although several applications may be necessary. However, I've found that the newer the movie, the easier it is to just pull off the sticker. I got Oceans 11 for $9.99 [​IMG] and it had a large round sticker that covered the DVD and it peeled off (slowly mind you) with no damage to the disc. However, many moons ago I got a previously viewed copy of the Limey that had the sticker on it for a long time. I had to stop peeling when the disc art starting coming off as it has bonded to the sticker [​IMG].