What's new

Previews of The Terminator on Gamespot and IGN (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Didn't know what to expect from this really but think i'm pleased it seems to be Devil May Cry'ish in terms of how you see the action. Graphics seem to be coming along nicely and it's gotta be good having 15 weapons available! Like any action game it's the longevity i'd question, Devil May Cry is fantastic to play but a fairly short game.

The only issue they mentioned was the camera angles but then i imagine they are difficult in a game like this. Brian, just wondering, as a developer yourself do you read these previews put up by Gamespot etc?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I was hoping someone would post this. I wanted to ask if this was the game that Brian was working on, but I was kind of embarrassed that I didn't know already. :b

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yup, that's our game. And yup, we read the previews of our game religiously - any developer that says otherwise is kidding themselves.

DMC is a definite influence camera wise, yes. We've got a very talented artist working on each spline camera, combined with some nifty combat camera code.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Can't wait for this. I'd love it if it makes use of Brad Fidels theme tune from the movies. :)
Dan

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
From the gamespot review (for the Xbox version):
Even in the early build we received, the music changed on the fly, building in intensity when you entered combat and gradually diminishing as the enemies were disposed of.
That is hela-sweet as well!
11 levels, seven objectives per level, four difficulty settings (one unlockable), along with unlockable skins and cheats...I wouldn't worry about replayability!
Brian, will you autograph my copy? :)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
This should surface by the time I own an X-box. Blasting cyborgs in 5.1, mmm, sounds good.

Dan

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Hey Brian, how's the music coming? Kinda hoping to hear the Terminator theme. You know, that cool percussion you hear in the movies when the Terminator is on the prowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks