What's new

Previews not Accurate (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone else noticed the innacuracy of the "preview of next weeks episode" on a lot of the prime time shows on network tv? Seems like I've noticed a few previews that actually never make it into the episode. Maybe I just missed the actual episode that included these snippets. I notice it a lot on previews of ER, and Third Watch. Did I miss something or has ER kind of glossed over Romanos loss of his arm? I saw previews of the worst snow storm ever on a preview of Third Watch which never materialized on last weeks episode. Maybe I'm being to critical of "network tv" but it irks me to expect something and not have it delivered.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you are right. I saw a preview that showed Romano in physical therapy, and having what looked like a small temper tantrum as a result of the pain. Maybe the phone rang or something and I missed this but I don't think it made it into the next episode. I guess things can change and they decide to do more editing before the episode airs but it seems like this happens more and more.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I dunno about using scenes that don't actually appear in the episode (that happens quite a bit in movie trailers, although there is a "legit" reason for it) but certainly they cut and voice-over the previews in a deceptive manner. NBC is the worst.

//Ken

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, NBC does this all the time. Haven't seen it much on other networks, but I also watch NBC the most.

"Frasier" and ER seems to be the worst. In a few cases, it was actually almost impossible to tell that the preview was for the show I watched, for example the show last season where Frasier helps Roz cope with her breakup.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
"Frasier" and ER seems to be the worst. In a few cases, it was actually almost impossible to tell that the preview was for the show I watched, for example the show last season where Frasier helps Roz cope with her breakup.
Yes, NBC seems to pull the bait and switch previews. I've seemed to notice that maybe for the first preview they'll feature the "A" storyline, say featuring Ross and Rachel and then when they rerun they preview featuring the "B" storyline. I've also noticed FOX does the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks