Pretty woman - This movie has been edited for content.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KristianH, Mar 10, 2002.

1. KristianH

KristianH Agent

Hi there.
    Imagine my surprise last night, I had recently bought Pretty Woman 10th anniversy edition. But me and the girl hadn't come around to see it yet.
    Now the intro starts and this comes up on the screen:
    This version has been modified from its original version, it has been edited for content.
    I almost had a heartattack, reading the first line. Cause I suspected I had gotten a pan & scam so the second line would have been "it has been formated etc..."
    But this wasn't the case. Now I sat through this movie and watched it "very" sceptically. But I just couldn't find anything wrong with it. What exactly has been edited in this version? I didn't see anything that was missing. Acctually I saw a whole lot more than I expected since this seems to be the "directors cut" ?
    I also checked, www.imdb.com, and the only things they had listed about this movie, under alternate versions, was the tv-version where two comments from Kit had been altered, but this was not the case in this version.
    Can ANYONE please tell me whats the "edited" in this version?

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Misprint. It happens - who knows why. Nothing was edited that I'm aware of.

3. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    People always assume "edited for content" means something was taken out. All it means is that the film was changed from its original theatrical presentation, in this case it was edited with more footage.[​IMG]

4. KristianH

KristianH Agent

Finally I can rest easy then =)

Thanx you guys.