Pretty good sale prices at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Craig, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Craig

Craig Second Unit

Just went to the CC in Buckhead here in Atlanta.

Sony 42" RP-LCD (KDF-E42A10) for $1548.
    Sony SXRD 50" $3198.
    Sony SXRD 60" $3998.
    Samsung 42" DLP, $1448.
    Panasonic 44" RP-LCD $1250.
    Panasonic 52" RP-LCD $1450.

I was looking for something for the bedroom and ended up with the Panasonic ED Plasma (TH-42PD50U) for $1698. I had a 10% off coupon and was very happy with the $1529 final price on the Panny.

2. PaulHan

PaulHan Auditioning

There's an online-only offer at Circuit City for a Panasonic CT-26WX15 (26" HDTV) for $399, with $49.99 mail-in rebate for home delivery, either basic (unboxing new TV + removal of old one, hookup to 1 existing video source - cable, satellite or antenna, checking for power and picture, and removing cartons and packing) would be free and premium would in effect be $20 (basic, plus hookup to 2 video sources and 1 pre-existing stereo receiver, a quick demonstration of your new setup and removal of your old TV). and either 3-year ($74) or 5 year ($138) insurance.

A/V input jacks (3 rear, 1 front), 2 S-Video inputs, 2 component video inputs, fixed-variable audio output; A/V progam out jacks; UHF_VHF input, HDMI-HDCP, 480p/1080i, motion-adaptive 3D-YC comb filter, horizontal/vertical edge correction; yes to digital velocity modulated scan (selectable) color temperature control, tile correction (not geomagnetic), color transient improvement, progressive cinema scan (3/2 pulldown) and scan doubler; video noise reduction, wideband video amplifier, BBE high def sound; Precision Picture Processing technology. The reviews on-site there and Amazon are encouraging. I'm thinking about getting it (would be my first HDTV). Is this TV a good deal for the price?

Any help appreciated.

3. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

Thats a real nice price on that Sammy DLP

4. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    That is the lowest price so far I have seen on the new Sony SXRD sets. Tweeter price matches in my local area. Thanks for the info.

Matt[​IMG]

5. DonMac

DonMac Stunt Coordinator

Looks like CC is possibly bringing some of its prices in-line with BrandsMart. The price for the 60" SXRD is the same as BrandsMart's, and the one for the 50" SXRD beats BrandsMart by a few hundred buck.