Press Release of Star Trek: The Next Generation season 1 is here !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bertrand B, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Bertrand B

Bertrand B Extra

via www.dvddebate.com
    Paramount Home Entertainment has confirmed that STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION (PG) will be released on DVD throughout 2002. Supported by a heavy weight TV campaign and extensive marketing, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION Season One will be released on 4th March 2002 (RRP) £tbc followed by further seasons later in the year.
    Season One (26 episodes) of Star Trek: The Next Generation features the maiden voyage of the U.S.S Enterprise as it’s crew set out to boldly go where no one has gone before, starring: PATRICK STEWART (Jean-Luc Picard), JONATHAN FRAKES (William Riker), BRENT SPINER (Data), LEVAR BURTON (Geordi La Forge), MICHAEL DORN (Worf), GATES MCFADDEN (Beverly Crusher), MARINA SIRTIS (Deanna Troi), DENISE CROSBY (Natasha Yar), JOHN DE LANCIE (Q), WHOOPI GOLDBERG (Guinan), DIANA MULDAUR (Dr. Katherine Pulaski) and WIL WHEATON (Wesley Crusher).
    Star Trek: The Next Generation Season One boxset includes over one hour of never seen before exclusive extras that have specially been produced for the DVD boxset, including: interviews with the cast; commentary by Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes on their favourite episodes.
    Barney Hands, Star Trek Brand Manager comments: “ The DVD boxset allows fans to experience Star Trek in the format that it deserves – digital quality with 5.1 sound. Plus, the stunning added features promise to offer all audiences a real treat combining action, special effects and exclusive never seen before footage.”

2. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

Right on...[​IMG]...
    Only one downside - unless I get a good raise soon, I dunno if I can afford a new season every 2 months! I'm glad they're doing it, but man...this is gonna be tough. [​IMG]

3. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux

4. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Woody! Shhhhh! They might hear you. This sort of release schedule might convince Fox that if they pull their finger out we can have Buffy S6 and Angel S3 on DVD alongside the VHS!!![​IMG]

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Even though I'm strapped, I am ordering these discs "throughout 2002." If anything, it would be nice to see TNG in its entire frame and without TNN's stupid logo/message bar.

6. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

5.1. [​IMG]
    commentary tracks [​IMG]
    quick release schedule [​IMG]
    Paramount DVD [​IMG]

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    26 episodes in one box? How many episodes are on each disk?

8. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

Sounds pretty good. Hope this is 'really' official. I'll be buying.
    Scott

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Hmmm. It's about the R2 release and it's nothing we don't already know, or strongly suspect.

I'll wait for official R1 info before I get exciting. Not trolling here, just trying to point these things out.

10. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

hmmmmm...
    well I don't really have a lot of money to spend usually so...
    B5 season box sets or TNG season box sets?
    I think I'll stick my plan with the B5 season box sets (if Warner ever releases them that is). [​IMG]

11. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

Neil -