What's new

present for father... (1 Viewer)

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
my sister and i are looking to get my father a present in the next month, and we have decided to help him upgrade his audio equipment. right now he has:

old technics prologic 4-channel receiver

old optimus bookshelf speakers for fronts

even older optimus surrounds

a sub with speaker level inputs

my sister and i can only scratch together at most 400 dollars, so im sort of undecided at what we should do.

ideally i would like to be able to find the kenwood HTB-504 for 400 dollars on sale somewhere, but i cant count on that happening, so i need to have a backup plan.

right now my backup plan is just to get a DD/dts reciever and a center channel speaker. i was thinking about getting the technics SA-DX950 or 1050. they are being discontinued, so i think if i check out local stores around here i should be able to get a good deal on one. im not sure about a center channel, but it cant be higher than 5 and 7/8th inches. one other thing i have looked at so far is the jbl trio135, which is two small bookshelf speakers and a center channel one for about 150 dollars.

if anyone has any input on where to get a good deal on the HTB-504 or input on where to spend the money id really appreciate it...

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
Another option would be to get a really good receiver. Then let your dad spring for the center channel speaker. I would suggest the outlaw 1050. It is sold via their web site for $499. Which is a $100 more than you wanted but for this value the extra $100 is worth it.
www.outlawaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks