What's new

PrePro/Receiver/amp? (1 Viewer)

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a Sony DA 555ES and unfortunatley it doesn't have all of the new bells and whistles. I am really facinated by the outlaw 950 but it doesn't have a built in amp. My wife hates it when I spend too much money at the same time.

So basically my question is can you hook up a pre/pro to a receiver and have the pre/pro do the decoding but use the receiver's amps?

I know that I can hook up another amp and use that but since a 7 channel amp would cost me an arm and a leg, I would rather get the pre/pro now and the amp later. Thanks for the help.

Mike

p.s. Is it possible to hook up the ISBM to my current receiver?

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Michael,

Your receiver has to have Main Amp inputs to use it as an amp with a pre/pro. I don't think there are alot of recievers with main amp inputs(some of the flagship models have them). I don't know if there is any other way to do it. Maybe someone else will have a helpful suggestion.

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I asked this question a while back but didn't get any responses. However, I think it is possible if your receiver has 7.1 analog inputs. I plan to drive my surround speakers with my receiver when I get my Anthem AVM20. Eventually, you want to get a proper amp for your pre/pro.

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
My amp has 5.1 inputs. So does that mean that I could hook up the new Outlaw to it and use the amps in my Sony?

Chriss M

Second Unit
i have no real experience with this, but it seems to me that you could use the 5.1 inputs and set and leave your receiver on "external in" mode, while you control everything from the new pre/pro.

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible to chain everything together. I mean, hook up the outlaw to the 5.1 on my sony this way only using the amps in the sony are being used. Then use the outlaws 5.1 for a SACD player.

Also, someone else was wondering about speaker distance settings on the 950. Are they going to be there?

Thanks

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks