What's new

Preorder Brute Force, get a free Halo DVD (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Over at EbGames.com if you preorder Brute Force, you will get a free "Ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set". Tough to tell exactly what the DVD is though. I'm guessing that it will be similar to the making of Halo DVD that was offered through the Bungie store.

-Dave

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
That's cool. :emoji_thumbsup: I never even heard of that Making Of disc before. Is it good? I'll hold off on the Brute Force preorder though, pending feedback from people here who have played the game and reviews. Too many times I've seen high profile titles end up in the yawn bin.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"Too many times I've seen high profile titles end up in the yawn bin."

Yeah, I've had that thought about Brute Force as well. Doesn't the release date keep getting pushed back? Not a good sign, in my opinion. Seems like there have been a lot of high profile Xbox games (Blinx, for one) that have failed to live up to expectations. Since I'm looking forward to Brute Force, I hope that isn't the case here, but maybe I'm just overly optimistic (I still have hope for Duke Nukem Forever.)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
That's cool. I never even heard of that Making Of disc before. Is it good?
I have it. It's alright. If you're a die-hard Halo fan (who isn't?!!?), it's a cool little addtion.

Some of the cooler stuff is the original Halo trailer shown to the MacWorld audience back in '99. I think, 99. They also show a neat, 10 minute long movie of Halo that is rough in some spots but shows some cool shit that didn't make it into our version of the game, such as Elites with the laser sword also holding a laser shield, (yikes!!), and some really cool looking sentient lifeforms on the ringworld. Oh yeah, a Warthog with a missle launcher. NICE!

Something I wondered why they didn't include with Halo was sentient life and then, BOOM, here's a demo/movie with lifeforms in it. Guess they didn't have time to implement it into the game we got.

They show a movie of, Alex Seropian...(?)...maybe one of the other Halo developers...can't remember...BUT ANYHOO, they show him playing Halo in front of the E3 audience from a couple years ago. Kinda neat seeing the last minute improvements they made over the version he played. Check out how limited the number of rounds were in the original assualt rifle. Oh yeah, why the hell they took out the cool little animation of your hand moving forward on the rifle to turn the light on and off!??!

They show clips from various parts of the game and certain members of Bungie give commentary about what you're seeing. They do that about 3 times showing the same thing with different guys each time.

There are a few sound bites of Halo's music that you can listen to.

There's some artwork that you can view, and I think there is a complete desktop Halo theme that you can download if you have a DVD rom on your pc.

There is zero Halo 2 info, which is to be expected since all the info on this disc was created before Halo 1 was even released.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
FYI: This disc is now available at Best Buy. $5 for the disc, and then the $5 is applied towards a price of Brute Force.

It also comes with the Exhibition #2 disc (which I already purchased, d'oh!)

-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
I noticed these at Best Buy too. Did you pick one up, Dave? I'm interested to know if there's any new Halo 2 or Brute Force videos...or anything else of interest.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
That was the "making of" disc (which is a little better, IMO). There is a little Halo2 stuff, but less than what you would find in the preview section of a game site. There are some character renders, and the Halo 2 trailer, but that's about it. Most of the Halo 1 information is duplicated from the Making Of disc, but that disc seemed to have a better navigation system.

This disc has more DVD-rom content. Wallpapers, screenshots, etc.

The Brute Force content is just pre-rendered movies. I hate that crap. It tells me _nothing_ about the game.

So it's pretty much a waste of $5. Still, the neurotic collector in me couldn't pass this disc up. :)

-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
Thanks Dave, I guess I'll pass then. I already have the "making of Halo" disc, too.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Keep in mind, the disc I have is the one that was released about a year ago. The content on it was put there before Halo 1 was released. (no halo 2 info)

I don't have the new disc which, according to IGN, has more stuff on it.

Think I'll pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks