What's new

Premier 6 and PC Firewire HELP! (1 Viewer)

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

Anyone using Premier and Firewire to capture and export to DV on a PC (and Win2k)?

I need to know the name of the manufacturer of your Firewire card. I bought a Pinnacle Studio DV and Premier can't capture or export with it. It says it cannot control the DV device. After doing some research, it seems that the Texas Instruments chipset and the DV device driver isn't compatible with Premier.

I've tried a number of fixes and none seem to work.

Any suggestions?

P

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Pete,
I use a Pyro BasicDV Firewire card made by ADS (www.adstech.com) and it works beautifully in win2k with both my Canon Optura Pi DV cam and my Lacie 10GB pocketdrive.
Make sure that your card is OHCI compliant, I think all of the newer ones are but it sounds like yours may not be.
For example, in my device manager, under "IEEE1394 Bus Host Controllers", it lists "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller".
I believe that if your card is not OHCI compliant, Premiere will not get along with it. BTW, if your card is not compliant, you don't need to spend much money to get one that is. The BasicDV is probably one of the cheapest ones out there.
For more info, do a search on the DV.com forums, they are great. http://www.dv.com/db_area/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
Hope this helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.