Prelim layout and Screen Size

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Czyz, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Jeff_Czyz

Jeff_Czyz Extra

I just did a preliminary layout in Visio to get an idea of what I am working with.
    My HT will be on the 3rd floor(An unfinished attic.) The ceilling is 8ft and although there is a pitched room, I have 7' 2" of true horizontal space to work with before the pitch takes over.
    The dimensions are 16' x 22'. My intention was to have the screen hung from the ceiling. being that I'm only working with 7ft, how will that work if I plan on getting a screen for viewing 16:9 mostly? Can someone recommend the optimal screen size for viewing in this setup?
    Here are my rough layouts. http://www.webposter.com/ht The first page shows the wall where the screen will be hanging. It will be in front of the single window.
    The second page shows the proposed layout from above. I have some 16:9 dimensions on there.. but I think they are WAY off.
    Thanks for the feedback and not minding the all the questions from the newbie

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I think you have the right idea. The limiting factor is the 7'4" of ceiling before the pitch. I supposed you could get a little wider if you lower the screen.