preimaging for inwall speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Reich, May 27, 2001.

1. Jason Reich

Jason Reich Stunt Coordinator

O.K. I had decided on some speakers for my living room based HT. The Wife put her foot down and does not want speakers showing in the room. We agreed on in wall units(except sub and center). My question is seeing as once these speakers are installed I have no way to aim them, the speakers I have picked out do have a tweeter you can aim, however the other drivers in the unit are stationary. Any ideas on how I can get them in the proper place without being able to test them first? ANY help? I have never done inwall before. Truthfully I am lost! My room is 14 long by 12 wide, the back of my room is a stair case leading upstairs.

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    To please the wife I also used inwall speakers in our main floor system. I was a little limited in placement but it makes for a fun DD/dts system. The rears are the same but spread apart a little further than the front. The black side speakers are there only when I want to play EX, other wise the inwall at the rear are the surrounds. They are pointing strait forward, It does create a little narrower sound field than I would like in 5.1 but as long as you get front row center seating it works!
    [​IMG]
    Wes

3. Jon SC

Jon SC Auditioning

I use sequence speakers for home cinema and music. They use good quality drivers and are as transparent as you get for the money.
    The bonus is that they are about 2 inches thick and come in either black or beige cloth (you can change the cloth if you want but it invalidates the warranty) you can wall mount them. They are about the volume of a "bookshelf" speaker but are the shape of a panel speaker (Apogee, Martin Logan, Magleplanar). A surround set would be about £600-£1000 depending on model and options.
    They give a very good dispersion pattern and are very good off axis. There is no need to toe them in.
    The performance they give is real hi-fi without the trouble of making holes in your walls.
    Most people that visit my house do not even notice the surround speakers on the wall because they belnd in so well.
    I do not have a US address for Sequence but in the UK it's : Sequence Design Ltd, Aireside Mills, Cononley, West Yorks BD20 8LW, United Kingdom. Telephone (UK)01535 632887. They do a subwoofer too.
    They have no website and I've not been able to find anything about them on the Web.
    I'll e-mail a pic and details if you want.
    Jon

4. Jason Reich

Jason Reich Stunt Coordinator

that would be great!
    I think I have the ones I want picked out, but any input would help me alot!

5. Jon SC

Jon SC Auditioning

After singing the virtues of Sequence, I tried to phone them. The line was dead and they are no longer listed in the directory service.
    It could be they've ceased trading, I'm sure I'd seen their speakers in a shop just a few months ago though.
    It's a real loss to the audio market if they have as there is nothing else quite like them at the price.
    Jon