1. BB is currently selling both movies for $5.99.

Could anyone comment of their impressions (story and A/V) of either or preferably both movies?

Without Limits is 16x9 enhanced, but Prefontaine is not.

But we all know that this factor isn't the absolute bottom line in terms of picture quality.

2. Ouch!

Now I know why both movies tanked at the box office.

I decided to get Without Limits.

It's 16x9, was produced by Tom Cruise's new company, stars Billy Crudup from Almost Famous, and then there's Donald Sutherland.

Without Limits also got a slightly higher user score from IMDb.

3. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Without Limits is an excellent film, written and directed by Chinatown screenwriter Robert Towne. I know nothing about the other film.

Ted

4. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Just chiming in with Ted that Without Limits is a great film. Billy Crudup gives an excellent performance as Prefontaine.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I never saw "Prefontaine", but I own "Without Limits". I actually saw a screening the day before my first marathon. Excelent movie, BTW. The Munich race is probably the best track race on film I've ever seen.

Jason

6. Berk

Berk Stunt Coordinator

Without Limits is the more professional, cinematic of the two films. Each film offers a different perspective on the Pre legend, with Prefontaine actually being more accurate historically.

If your a Pre fan, I'd suggest watching both. However, if you're looking for the more enjoyable of the two films, it's Without Limits, without a doubt [​IMG]

7. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

IIRC, Prefontaine is more sports oriented ie. has more races, a longer treatment of the Munich Olympics, and scenes about Pre trying to organize an international meet with Finland over the opposition of USTF.

Without Limits is about Steve Prefontaine the man and focuses more on characterization and his relationships. The girlfriend has a much bigger role in this film than in Prefontaine.

I think Without Limits is the better film but I enjoyed Prefontaine too. It's interesting to watch the similarities and differences in how Billy Crudup and Jared Leto play the character.

8. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

Both have excellent performances from R. Lee Ermey and Donald Sutherland as Bill Bowerman, Oregons coach.

9. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

I agree with most of the others in that I liked Without Limits better, but I thought they were both good films and would recommend them both.