What's new

Preferred Way to Watch "Skywalker Saga"? (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the ANH Chewbacca is more like a dog where he's loyal but also scared at points (the dianoga roaring after they escape the trash compactor or freezing up when he sees blaster bolts coming down the hallway that Han ran down) but in the rest of the movies for the most part, they tone down the skittish nature that he first had.

Wasn't Chewie kind of a baby about the mynocks in "ESB"? :D

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I've been watching the films over the last 11 days one a day. Tonight is Rise of Skywalker. I did them this time as Episodes 1-3, Solo, Rogue one, Episodes 4-9. Future runs may eliminate the standalone films. Heck, future runs might even stop at Return of the Jedi!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching the films over the last 11 days one a day. Tonight is Rise of Skywalker. I did them this time as Episodes 1-3, Solo, Rogue one, Episodes 4-9. Future runs may eliminate the standalone films. Heck, future runs might even stop at Return of the Jedi!

Maybe you should just watch trailers for the movies and leave it at that! ;)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sorry, I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did decide to watch the entire saga, and since this thread is here, these are my thoughts.

I've seen the original trilogy several times, but it's been a long time since the last time I saw them. As far as I could recall, I'd seen all the others except Rise of Skywalker, but only once each, except for Rogue One, which I really like and have seen several times.

Regarding the main three trilogies, they are clearly written to be viewed in release order, and I think that is the best way to watch them for those who have never seen them, or haven't seen them all, or haven't seen them in a long time. For those who've seen them several times, I can see that chronological order would be interesting. As for the two "Story" movies, I decided to watch them after ep 6 and before ep 1. Solo first then Rogue One. I'm about to watch ep 7.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When I watched the box set, I was fine with the release order but Rogue One and Solo felt out of place. I guess even if I watched them in Episode order, they're always going to feel out of place because they don't focus on a Skywalker.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Maybe you should just watch trailers for the movies and leave it at that! ;)

Don't know why. I like the films plenty. It's just that at the end of the day, I think the Disney era films come off as being unnecessary. Enjoyable but unnecessary. The first six films tell a complete story. So just doing 1-6 is just fine as one way of doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks