Preferred setup for avs2000 and htps 7000

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chris_Bald, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Chris_Bald

Chris_Bald Extra

I have the signature series avs2000 and htps7000 on order. I was curious on the best way to run my equipment through them. Should I run the htps 7000 and my amp off of the avs2000 or should I run just the htps7000 off the avs2000 and then run all my equipment through the htps 7000. What should I do? My equipment consists of a halo c2, a52, plasma display, dvd player, hd box, ps2.

Thanks

2. Hank

Hank Guest

I would recommend plugging your amp directly into the wall. This will give your amp more room to breath for dynamic music or movie peaks. Plugging your amp into surge/line conditioner can sometimes limit the full capability of your amp, this is why some prefer to plug directly into wall.

3. Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey Second Unit

Lee Bailey
    If you still want full power capability as well as surge protection, I would suggest a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet.

If you want to stay with the your setup, then I would recommend putting the AVS2000 first, then hooking the 7000 to it.

4. Ed Werner

Ed Werner Stunt Coordinator

I have a question, hope it isn't stupid. But why have both?

Ed

5. Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms Second Unit

The AVS 2000 is a voltage stabilizer and the HTPS 7000 is a power conditioner with balanced 60/60 output for source components. Two very different products.

I would run the amp from the 2000 but you could try it both ways and then decide....

$0.02

6. Ed Werner

Ed Werner Stunt Coordinator

Thanks! I guess another two things to get after this next purchase (sub).

I need to stop reading this forum, my wife is gonna kill me. [​IMG]

Ed

7. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

I have all my amps plugged directly into the AVS2000, and DVD player, LD Player etc. into the 7000 which is plugged into one of my AVS2000's also. The AVS2000 will not "choke" your amp(s) of the power it needs so no worries there. Also I have used PS Audio UO in the past, and with the AVS2000 ans HTPS7000 there is no need to incorporate an UO into the mix. My .02 [​IMG]

8. Chris_Bald

Chris_Bald Extra

Monster said I should setup as follows. avs2000 out of wall outlet, htps7000 out of the avs and EVERYTHING else out of the htps. The htps 7000 is not suppose to limit current abd I only have a parasound a52. I think I should be ok with that setup, shouldn't I?

9. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

I think you'll be fine. If I had 1 amp then I would most likely plug it into the 7000, but I have 3 mono amps and a powered sub that I have plugged directly into the AVS2000. All other components and the Martin Logan's are plugged into the HTPS7000. In the rear though I have a 2 channel amp plugged into the AVS2000 along with a pair of Martin Logan's. ou may want to try plugging your amp into both, but honestly I think the performance will be the same, and doubt you will hear a difference. [​IMG]