Predictions for the 2006 NFL draft....

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by todd s, Jan 5, 2006.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

So how do you think it will pan out?

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

Not sure, but after last night I'll bet there's a whole lot of coaches drooling over the prospect of signing Vince Young next year. They might even be considering going 0-16 to lock in the pick.....course if you're the Houston Texans, SF 49ers or Raiders it won't be too hard to get to that record [​IMG]

Mort

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Um, next season the Raiders play both the 49ers and Texans, and so it will be very hard for them or the other teams to go 0-16.

As for the draft this year:

1. I predict that it is hard to make predictions until after the draft order has been finalized which won't occur until after the Superbowl.
    2. I predict that until after the combine and the first few weeks of free agency, it will be hard to know which directions most teams will go, with the possible acception of Houston taking Bush and New Orleans going with a QB. Even Houston taking Bush is not a lock at this time.
    3. Guessing what teams will do now, that do not even have coaching staffs or offensive/defensive game plans is down right futile.
    4. Players have until 1/15 to declare themselves for the draft, so we don’t know all of those coming out and that includes Vince Young.

I love the draft, I even love making predictions at this time of the year, part of what makes it fun is seeing how those picks change from now until draft day. How a team that would seem to need a defensive end in round 1 can sign one in free agency and then the need changes completely. How a player can rise or fall on the draft board for any number of reasons.

Oh, and as always we’ll probably have HTF reader comments in the NFL thread during the draft. Shane Martin and I have done it the last couple of years, and I’m going to make sure I’m available to do it again this year, I don’t schedule things opposite the draft.

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I'm predicting Bush #1, Leinart #2 right now.

If LenDale White goes then add him to the potential list of top 10 picks. He is outright amazing and maybe better than Bush.

I don't believe Vince Young if he came out would upset my #1 and #2 picks.

The big D-lineman from Oregon should go in the top 10 I'd imagine and the Williams kid from Memphis should be a steal for someone. He reminds me of Cadillac ALOT.

Should be fun. I don't miss the draft for the world. I usually work that day but I'm off Sat/Sun now.

5. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer