What's new

Predictions for 2018 (1 Viewer)

mattfire64

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I really wish that both 12 O'Clock High and The Green Hornet would finally get released, although I think there's more of a chance of the sky turning green before that happens...

Count me in for The High Chaparral. I'd also like to see Trackdown get a release soon, as well as some of the other obscure Westerns that have been unearthed by the diginets recently like Stagecoach West and Broken Arrow (both Fox, so probably no chance...), Iron Horse and a complete series set of The Cisco Kid.

I'd also love to see VEI tackle Sightings, although that's probably another long shot...

Real Name
Daniel
Do oyu tihnk that
The Disney-Fox deal might have an effect on Shout! getting stuff out of them, but I hope I'm wrong. Still, I hope the continued absence of the rest of St. Elsewhere on DVD is so the set that does eventually come out (and it can't stay unavailable forever) won't be disappointing. The Fox set of season 1 seemed as half-hearted as what they did for WKRP. Shout came through as best as they could with that one, so they still might surprise us.

St. Elsewhere is one show i'd like to see on DVD in it's entirety too. Maybe if Time-Life could get the music cleared for China Beach, maybe they can get St. Elsewhere.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I purchased the R2 High Chaparral release last year. If these prints are better, I'll upgrade at some point.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
This thread has caused me to take the crystal ball down from the closet and fire it up. It hasn't been used in a while but it still works. It is showing me a color show of a genre well represented on DVD. One that has been available but not in the U.S.

Is this the same show, Neil hinted at today, the one where he hinted the star was more well known for his associates than his actual accomplishments?

James

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
I predict these:
Alice: remaining seasons
Perfect Strangers: seasons 3 & 4

I'd like to see these, but probably won't:
Petticoat Junction: season 4
The Beverly Hillbillies: season 5
Hangin' with Mr. Cooper: season 2
Happy Days: season 7
Empty Nest
Step by Step

I'm still having trouble accessing sitcoms online so it looks like I'll be visiting here more often now.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well for April, I'm going to guess the following for WB Archives:

Lucan
Alice Season 7
The Eleventh Hour 2
Static Shock season 4
Guns of Paradise season 2

Those are my guesses. I wonder what my success rate will be?

JamesSmith

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

Lucas
Alice Season 7
The Eleventh Hour 2
Static Shock season 4

If you mean Lucan, James, then I think you're right, judging from info on another thread. Also, re: your earlier post, the two series Neil was referring to in his "crystal ball" predictions were The High Chaparral and The Joey Bishop Show. I'll definitely be down for R1 sets of The High Chaparral, especially the first season. It's a solid late-period western series.

I'd be happy to see more The Eleventh Hour and Guns of Paradise, too.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
At the very least I'll probably see a few "Grail Shows" released and maybe see a "Bucket List" show as well. This year is still young, and anything can happen. ;)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Lucan
Alice Season 7
The Eleventh Hour 2
Static Shock season 4

Those are my guesses. I wonder what my success rate will be?

JamesSmith
It looks like the releases for April are:
Perfect Strangers season 3
(great news for PS fans)
Shameless season 8
Lucan
(no surprise, it was hinted at)
and the surprise for the month . . . .
MIghty Orbots.

Have to admit Mighty Orbots was unexpected. I didn't even know it was under the prevue of the WB Archives, but its nice to see. It had a great theme song. Well. We got one current blue ray series, one animated, one "classic" short lived series, and one 80's situation comedy.

Is that a good month for WB Archives or not?

James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think I'm about done with Warner archives as a long time supporter. Still so many classic TV shows unreleased and classic 60's and 70's HB. For the last year and a half they have been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for HB releases so its starting to seem obvious to me that they have no intention of doing the restoration and assembly work needed to release all the great 60's and 70's HB shows remaining. Other than a few blu rays they never get orders from me anymore. But at least 30 sets I would instantly buy if released.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I think I'm about done with Warner archives as a long time supporter. Still so many classic TV shows unreleased and classic 60's and 70's HB. For the last year and a half they have been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for HB releases so its starting to seem obvious to me that they have no intention of doing the restoration and assembly work needed to release all the great 60's and 70's HB shows remaining. Other than a few blu rays they never get orders from me anymore. But at least 30 sets I would instantly buy if released.

It does seem to be a sign of the continued decline of the classic tv on dvd market. I don't think I've purchased anything from the Archive for two years, since I bought Lawman season 4. I will buy Mr. Novak if they do follow through on that, but it feels like the well is drying up.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Aside from the remaining seasons of ALICE, I doubt WB will release anything further of interest to me. They released HANK which was a rarity but have since not attempted to look into their vaults for anything rare again in the classic tv department. I was hoping they would release some short-lived series which are more palatable in terms of producing as well as purchasing for customers who want "complete" instantly. I had asked them years ago about PRIVATE BENJAMIN and the response was that it was "a definite possibility" but then nothing ever came of it. I'd also buy MANY HAPPY RETURNS which I believe is in their possession. Not sure they have anything else I'd be interested in.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Aside from the remaining seasons of ALICE, I doubt WB will release anything further of interest to me. They released HANK which was a rarity but have since not attempted to look into their vaults for anything rare again in the classic tv department. I was hoping they would release some short-lived series which are more palatable in terms of producing as well as purchasing for customers who want "complete" instantly. I had asked them years ago about PRIVATE BENJAMIN and the response was that it was "a definite possibility" but then nothing ever came of it. I'd also buy MANY HAPPY RETURNS which I believe is in their possession. Not sure they have anything else I'd be interested in.
Enos and Chicago Teddy Bears are on my list of instant buys.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Not sure as to why ENOS still hasn't been released as it's just a one-season show but still hoping for Empty Nest: Complete Series and Muppet Show Seasons 4 & 5 and The Green Hornet Complete Series, the Van Williams version obviously.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

I sympathize Randy, Banana Splits, Chattanooga Cats, the Adventures of Gulliver should have been out some time ago. I understand there were issues, but it shouldn't have taken this long.

James

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I have quite a few short-lived '80s series on my mind that should be released soon on DVD:

THE RENEGADES (1983) - produced by Lawrence Gordon Productions in association with Paramount Television
(aired on ABC from March 4 to April 8, 1983; was preceded by a TV movie pilot of the same name, 2 hours long, that aired August 11, 1982)
This series could've been out on DVD when Patrick Swayze, who played one of the leads in the series, had died in 2009!

RYAN'S FOUR (1983) - produced by Fair Dinkum, Inc. and Groverton Productions, Ltd. in association with Paramount Television
(aired on ABC from April 5 to 27, 1983 - one additional episode did not air)
One of the first efforts Henry Winkler did when he added producer to his star credits... this bombed, but he would not give up here so easily, as MacGyver would prove to be his breakthrough!

MR. SMITH (1983) - produced by Weinberger-Daniels Productions in association with Paramount Television
(aired on NBC from September 23 to December 16, 1983)
From the people who gave us Best of the West (which aired on ABC 1981-82), this 13-episode series centers around a talking orangutan (played by "C. J."). The other Best of the West connection here, besides the two production companies involved, is actor Leonard Frey. The title theme was composed by Pat Williams, who not only did the theme tunes for MTM's The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show (1972), but also Paramount Television's The Magician (1973-74).

~Ben

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Do you think WB Archives may have Filmations The Adventures of Tarzan volume 2 on their "to do" list? It's been about two years since volume 1 came out at the store?

Any guesses?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have quite a few short-lived '80s series on my mind that should be released soon on DVD:

THE RENEGADES (1983) - produced by Lawrence Gordon Productions in association with Paramount Television
(aired on ABC from March 4 to April 8, 1983; was preceded by a TV movie pilot of the same name, 2 hours long, that aired August 11, 1982)
This series could've been out on DVD when Patrick Swayze, who played one of the leads in the series, had died in 2009!

RYAN'S FOUR (1983) - produced by Fair Dinkum, Inc. and Groverton Productions, Ltd. in association with Paramount Television
(aired on ABC from April 5 to 27, 1983 - one additional episode did not air)
One of the first efforts Henry Winkler did when he added producer to his star credits... this bombed, but he would not give up here so easily, as MacGyver would prove to be his breakthrough!

MR. SMITH (1983) - produced by Weinberger-Daniels Productions in association with Paramount Television
(aired on NBC from September 23 to December 16, 1983)
From the people who gave us Best of the West (which aired on ABC 1981-82), this 13-episode series centers around a talking orangutan (played by "C. J."). The other Best of the West connection here, besides the two production companies involved, is actor Leonard Frey. The title theme was composed by Pat Williams, who not only did the theme tunes for MTM's The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show (1972), but also Paramount Television's The Magician (1973-74).

~Ben

And I would imagine that the releases, if any, would have Paramount Television's tall-peaked Blue Mtn. w/"Television" intersecting the mountain peak (being that all three were on during the run of that version of the Blue Mtn.).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks