What's new

Predictions for 2018 (1 Viewer)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Gee, even if everybody is right this year will be easy on my wallet. Aside from maybe Police Woman (and even that is very much a maybe), there's nothing I'd purchase. I guess that home video has been very good to me — well, except for no complete St. Elsewhere!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Both TeleFilms and the Complete Series Kolchak on blu Shout Factory
Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Hour possibly on blu from Shout

Buck Rogers on blu from Universal

Paramount/CBS Star Trek: Discovery S1

Edit:with what Universal has done lately

Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Hour possibly on blu from Mill Creek??

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Kino Lorber:

The Outer Limits Seasons 1 and 2 (confirmed)

Universal:

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: The Complete Series

These two titles are on my wishlist.
Anyway, find my ‘holy grails’ list:

SIXTIES
Way Out (1961)
The New Breed (1961)
The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (1962)
12 O'Clock High (1964): This one in particular
T.H.E. Cat (1966)
Blue Light (1966)
Garrison's Gorillas (1967): This one in particular
The Outsider (1968)

SEVENTIES
Dan August (1970)
The Silent Force (1970)
The Psychiatrist (1971)
Hunter (1977): This one in particular

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Mine would be a repeat from 2017, so I'll play it safe and expect nothing.

Then, maybe I'll be surprised next year.

Edit: Come to think of it, I bet I said something about Green Acres having the potential to finally be unstalled and brought to conclusion on DVD a year ago when we last had this topic. So a little bit of it actually happened.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I’m not really sure what to even predict anymore, but I do hope they someday go through and finish off some of the spin off series (such as Golden Palace, the Brady Brides, The Ropers, threes a crowd, etc). They may not be the best, but frankly some of these series do not feel fully complete without it. Besides that there are my usual impossible wants like Murphy Brown. The main company I am curious about is timelife. I don’t believe they will do any more Carol Burnett which makes me wonder what they will do in 2018. Other than that I’m just going to wait and see (and hopefully be pleasantly surprised like I was with Green Acres in 2017).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

SIXTIES
Way Out (1961)
The New Breed (1961)
T.H.E. Cat (1966)
Blue Light (1966)
The Outsider (1968)

SEVENTIES
Dan August (1970)
The Silent Force (1970)
The Psychiatrist (1971)

Are you talking about the Linda Evans Hunter series?
James

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Are you talking about the Linda Evans Hunter series?
James

Yes, indeed. Hunter was a short-lived espionage series starring James Franciscus, Linda Evan and Ralph Bellamy.
The theme music and the scores were composed by Richard Shores, known for three series:
The Man from U.N.C.L.E., The Wild Wild West, Hawaii Five-O.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin

SIXTIES
Way Out (1961)
The New Breed (1961)
T.H.E. Cat (1966)
Blue Light (1966)
The Outsider (1968)

SEVENTIES
Dan August (1970)
The Silent Force (1970)
The Psychiatrist (1971)

This one you listed is the one I most want:
12 O'Clock High (1964): This one in particular.

It seems that war series always do pretty well in the marketplace, like the long running Combat! and the short running Baa Baa Black Sheep aka The Black Sheep Squadron. It seems that this one was always a no brainer.

I also think the three seasons of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour are as good as it gets with a program of that type.

ANTHONYFSMITH

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony F Smith
In an interview with the owner of Film Chest:

Fans of “Decoy” will be happy to know Film Chest is in the process of obtaining the rights to another forgotten but important 1950s TV series, “Deadline,” based on real newspaper stories of the day.

“We have found the original 16mm film for that one,” Stevens says, grinning. “It will be the perfect companion piece to ‘Decoy.’”

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I want Hunter 77 as well. There was an episode that I kept missing the ending to. It was the one where Linda's character was "brainwashed" to do something, but never saw the ending.

James

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I want Hunter 77 as well. There was an episode that I kept missing the ending to. It was the one where Linda's character was "brainwashed" to do something, but never saw the ending.

James

I found your episode:

“The Lysenko Syndrome” (aired: March 4, 1977)
A plot to assassinate an Admiral involves brainwashing Marty. And also involves Hunter getting killed.

Just for the fun

Last edited:

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Well last year when we were trying to figure out the predictions for 2017.....almost half of the shows I mentioned last year on my list, ended up getting released and completed on DVD!!! Those were: "One Day At A Time", "Angie", "Laugh-In", "Rhoda" and "Coach".

Now onto the remaining list which, hopefully 2018 will do what 2017 did.....get MOST of my holy grails listed below....released and completed on DVD!!!:

1.) "Knots Landing" - Warner Brothers and Music Rights are holding my all-time favorite drama/soap hostage......please set it free already in 2018!!! BTW....by 2019 it will mark an anniversary year.....40......so WB....release it already!!! Come on!!!

2.) "The Drew Carey Show" - Warner Brothers and Music Rights are also holding up this show.......however, rumor had it a couple of years ago the Shout Factory was looking into this one. I most certainly hope so......I would much rather have Shout Factory take over to release this series!!! I had recorded most of the episodes from Laff TV, but I would definitely like a commercial DVD release.

3.) "The Sonny and Cher Show / Comedy Hour / Cher and Sonny's Solo Shows: I am putting this one in the "Time Life" court. Since they have been releasing numerous "Variety" Shows......and since they seem to be finished with releasing anymore "Carol Burnett Shows", I hope "Time Life" tackles this show for a DVD Release. Like "The Carol Burnett Show", I don't expect it to be "Completed". I do have the "Best of" which was released in the early 2000's, but nothing else has been released yet. So hopefully, Time Life might consider this one.

4.) "Empty Nest" - Buena Vista/Disney owns this one. It was also added to my list last year (I actually forgot about the show). Like "The Drew Carey Show", this show is on Laff TV and still would like to see a commercial release on DVD.

5.) "Phyllis" - This is the last of the MTM properties (aka "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" spin-offs). Shout Factory just finished up "Rhoda" and "Lou Grant"......so hopefully, with just 2 seasons, "Phyllis" will get released by Shout! Factory.....and quickly!!!

6.) "Bette" - This Bette Midler sitcom I don't know what studio would release this one.....but I imagine it will be awhile due to music rights and popularity.

7.) "Our Miss Brooks"......I don't know what happened with this one......I thought there was something in the works? Whatever the case, I wish they would hurry. It seems like any show they took place in the 1950's is going by the wayside......unless it is being colorized (like "I Love Lucy").

Some honorable mentions:

8.) "Dear John" - The Judd Hirsh ("Taxi") sitcom that was another sitcom I had forgotten about!!!

9.) "Goodtime Girls" - The Annie Potts short lived sitcom (One Season).

10.) "The Ropers" - New to my list......but I saw several people mention this one on this post. This was only 2 season show as well, so hopefully some studio like Shout Factory will get this one done as well.

Well......that's all folks......hopefully this list will get at least 5 more off my list by 2019!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well last year when we were trying to figure out the predictions for 2017.....almost half of the shows I mentioned last year on my list, ended up getting released and completed on DVD!!! Those were: "One Day At A Time", "Angie", "Laugh-In", "Rhoda" and "Coach".

Now onto the remaining list which, hopefully 2018 will do what 2017 did.....get MOST of my holy grails listed below....released and completed on DVD!!!:

Well......that's all folks......hopefully this list will get at least 5 more off my list by 2019!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Well. You did better than my list list. Out of twenty, I only got one -- Bill Bixby's The Magician.

James

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
2.) "The Drew Carey Show" - Warner Brothers and Music Rights are also holding up this show.......however, rumor had it a couple of years ago the Shout Factory was looking into this one. I most certainly hope so......I would much rather have Shout Factory take over to release this series!!! I had recorded most of the episodes from Laff TV, but I would definitely like a commercial DVD release.

7.) "Our Miss Brooks"......I don't know what happened with this one......I thought there was something in the works? Whatever the case, I wish they would hurry. It seems like any show they took place in the 1950's is going by the wayside......unless it is being colorized (like "I Love Lucy").

10.) "The Ropers" - New to my list......but I saw several people mention this one on this post. This was only 2 season show as well, so hopefully some studio like Shout Factory will get this one done as well.

These three hold interest for me as well. Being a long-suffering fan of Cleveland sports teams, The Drew Carey Show holds my interest. Being it was shot on film, DCS would benefit from a Blu remaster & release (you'd be able to see the brush strokes on Mimi's makeup).

Our Miss Brooks is a holy grail of mine as I regularly take in the OMB radio show on the SiriusXM Radio Classics channel. This show would benefit from colorization (I know that's a dirty word for some) as colorization would broaden the appeal beyond the 50s TV era fan base. I recently made a gift of a OMB radio show CD set to my cousin Dawn who teaches elementary school. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I suggested she might include it in her teaching routine.

The Ropers I would like to complete my Three's Company set (already have the complete series on DVD). Neither would benefit from a Blu release though all being shot on 70s era videotape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks