What's new

Prediction Thread: Season's first cancel / Season's new success (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Since there are already three threads regarding new shows and their likely success or failure, maybe we should have a little Survivor style pool.. throw out your shows that will succeed/fail.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The Munsters reboot: "Mockingbird Lane" maybe not the first but a definite cancel after a few episodes

Stan

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Since there are already three threads regarding new shows and their likely success or failure, maybe we should have a little Survivor style pool.. throw out your shows that will succeed/fail.
Probably should have started a more generic thread, but add my vote for "Vegas" to last a very short time.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
I have no interest in any new show except perhaps the Sherlock Holmes one.
"Elementary" is the show, and I agree with you Robert, it does look pretty good and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully not one of those shows with great previews that ends up being awful. I've missed both Lucy Liu and Jonny Lee Miller, should be fun to watch. Loved Eli Stone, cancelled much to soon.
Just a bit of trivia, but did a quickie check to make sure I spelled his name right and noticed he was in a 1982 episode of Dr. Who.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I believe "Mob Doctor" is DOA.
I think "Revolution" may be OK.
Otherwise, nothing new for me, really. I am sticking with my returning shows.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by DaveF /t/323576/prediction-thread-seasons-first-cancel-seasons-new-success#post_3973694
I'm going to put my best against that sub show,Last Resort (?)

I just don't see how it can last as a concept more then about 4 episodes. It's like at some point, their would be resolution one way or another.

I'm going with Mob Doctor. Looks dreadful

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
My predictions for those among the first to go are (in no particular order):
The New Normal
Revolution
Animal Practice
The Last Resort

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
mattCR said:
I just don't see how it can last as a concept more then about 4 episodes.  It's like at some point, their would be resolution one way or another.
I'm going with Mob Doctor.  Looks dreadful
Episode 5, it's revealed this is the sub from Lost.
Then it gets weird...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think the New Normal can make it to at least a 2nd season. With Modern Family(and a few others, but MF being the big one) kicking the door in for "the reality of how some families are created"...it has a chance.
Last Resort...with several of the cast members being movie stars, I see this as not a "long term show" in the first place. More of the "we could make an entire series out of a mini-series, cause what else we got?" happening.
Revolution? ehh. Falling Skies, amongst others, is better. Besides, the "Cablers" with nothing to lose, do it better.
Animal Practice...hhmmm. An even more light-hearted show than Scrubs. Maybe the "dog act" from AGT will make an appearance...

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
After viewing the first episode of "Revolution", I am not holding out much hope for it. I strangely want "Animal Practice" to succeed, because I like the guy from "Weeds", and Bobby Lee. The "Last Resort" does not have legs.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Brooks said:
After viewing the first episode of "Revolution", I am not holding out much hope for it. I strangely want "Animal Practice" to succeed, because I like the guy from "Weeds", and Bobby Lee. The "Last Resort" does not have legs.
DVRd it but haven't viewed yet. Kind of a strange premise, but thought with JJ Abrams involved it might be okay so added to my schedule. I'll give it a few weeks but I'm famous among friends for picking the new duds for the fall season. If I like it, I've got about an 80% failure rate. If I skip it, I have to play catch-up with repeats when it turns out to be a success.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Saw the info from Josh on the numbers for the first episode, looked pretty impressive.
Guess we wait and see if they hold up. Will view the episode tomorrow, didn't read any spoiler type info, so looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks