What's new

Predict: Oscars (2022) - Best Picture - Academy's Choice (1 Viewer)

Best Picture - Predict Academy's Choice - Oscars (2022)

• Belfast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don’t Look Up

• Drive My Car

• Dune: Part One

• King Richard

• Licorice Pizza

• Nightmare Alley

• West Side Story

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
fy3aybtki5crzodvwegtvbe4va-2500x1486-jpg.131928

Vote for who will win, not your choice. Predict Academy's choice. Another thread is there for your choice.
This poll will close automatically before the Oscars.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, I do think it is a two horse race between The Power of the Dog and CODA. When I read the paper this morning they were claiming Dog is going to have a big night winning Best Picture, Director, and Actor.

I think CODA has a shot if Academy voters feel that Power of the Dog has already collected enough awards. I think if CODA wins best picture, Campion still collects best director.

I will stick with Dog having its big day as the paper predicted.

If I were voting I would give Nightmare Alley Best Picture and Director.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I very recently learned that CODA's director is a woman. I did not know that before. With all the publicity The Power of the Dog received for Jane Campion being the director, I didn't hear people talk about CODA's director being also a woman.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I very recently learned that CODA's director is a woman. I did not know that before. With all the publicity The Power of the Dog received for Jane Campion being the director, I didn't hear people talk about CODA's director being also a woman.
Well, like you nobody at the Academy knew that either, until it was too late. In fact a whole bunch of them still don't know unless they read your post.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Well, like you nobody at the Academy knew that either, until it was too late. In fact a whole bunch of them still don't know unless they read your post.
A. Most folks in the Academy have known for months
B. She wasn't nominated for Best Director which is why Campion has gotten a lot more attention (not to mention her long track record)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, this was something of a "make good" for Campion who did not win the last time she was nominated for BD.

If the director of CODA continues to make films and gets nominated in the future, she'll likely win a future award.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks