What's new

Predict-o-matic™ NFL picks (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if any of you remember the Predict-o-matic last year but basically it was a program I created that would try to calculate which teams were going to win each week. It did quite poorly and I think the thread sank like a rock.

However, due to some adjustments and some funding from outside investors, I now present to you a new and improved Predict-o-matic™ for 2003! This model takes a more detailed look at a team's offenses and defenses than the previous Predict-o-matic™.

So here are the winners are for Week 3 in the NFL:

Indianapolis Colts :emoji_thumbsup:
Kansas City Chiefs :emoji_thumbsup:
Minnesota Vikings :emoji_thumbsup:
New Orleans Saints :thumbsdown:
New England Patriots :emoji_thumbsup:
Cincinnati Bengals :thumbsdown:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers :emoji_thumbsup:
Arizona Cardinals :emoji_thumbsup:
Washington Redskins :thumbsdown:
Seattle Seahawks :emoji_thumbsup:
Baltimore Ravens :emoji_thumbsup:
San Francisco 49ers :thumbsdown:
Miami Dolphins :emoji_thumbsup:
Denver Broncos :emoji_thumbsup:

**DISCLAIMER: The Predict-o-matic™ is for entertainment purposes only.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Dave,
If both Cincinnati & Arizona win this week, I'll be checking your P-o-M every week. That is, if there is still an earth left after hell freezes over. :D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Yeah the POM hung for a moment on those picks as it was calculating the weather forcasts and any gravitational anomalies due to the location of the sun and moon at kickoff.

However, the POM has spoken! As much as I would like Green Bay to win over Arizona this weekend...

Lowell_B

Second Unit
I'm with Philip. :)

Of course you do have New England winning, so maybe you're on to something...

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Same reason the BCS computers are flawed... there are too many human variables in football (and most sports) that a computer just can't feel.

That having been said, I'm with Philip ;)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly enough, Chris Berman of ESPN just picked the Lions over the Vikings...then again he isn't dumb enough to pick Arizona :)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Well, admittedly, the POM shows the Arizona game will be a close one. However, it says Minnesota will trounce Detroit... so, I don't know what sort of chicken bones Berman is using.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Hmm, aside from a few slip ups, the POM did call the Arizona win, interesting. Did it just start getting a little colder??

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I just got back from the Steelers game and fortunately the Predict-O-matic was wrong and my Steelers won!

Even the Predict-O-Matic should know not to predict a Bengals win. ;)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Damn, I see this thread AFTER I started Bledsoe instead of Hassleback. And to make matters worst for me, I also had Travis Henry going, for a combined total of 6 points for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks