What's new

Predator Special Edition Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

The art on the current disc isn't that bad, it's a shame they didn't keep it.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
What's with the number 15 on the spine? I can't believe Fox are actually going ahead with their numbering of SEs. Which other titles have this?

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
PaulP:
Yeah, what is that number on the spine for? I noticed it on my Alien and Aliens boxes as well- numbers 10 and 11, respectively. I assume they are some sort of record of how many "ultimate editions"(or whatever they're calling them) have been released; similar to how Criterion numbers all their releases. Is this correct?

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
almost all of the five star collections have been rereleased in digipacks and numbered. i m guessing they want to create a criterion collector craze.

anyways that cover just stinks.:angry:
hopefully they'll replace it. at first glance i couldn't even figure out if it was arnold or the predator.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'm in for this...when? Though I don't much care about the cover "art", it reminds me of:

In a very simple way, it does actually fit for both.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Fox said in a previous chat that this would be out in time for AVP so I just assumed it meant July or so. If cover art is already available though it could be out sooner.

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
What's with the 15 anyway? "The Commitments" is already number 15. This Predator one is temp-only cover art, I'm guessing?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a lenticular cover that changes between Arnold and the Predator when you hold it at different angles.

DJ

Bryan S

Agent

Thats kind of what I was thinking. It would of been cool if they made a holographic cover that mimics the Predator's stealth suit. You hold it at one angle and its plain like the cover above. Hold it at another angle and you get an outline of the Predator's body with its eyes glowing. Than again that would be expensive. They could make it a limited editon cover.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
That is really cool. I think that may be the idea of the cover posted above. I couldn't really tell what it was until i read the other posts. The idea of blending the images of Arnold and Predator doesn't really make sense. At least I don't get that idea. But having a neat "switching" effect might be pretty cool. I really like the idea of the "stealth cover." thats clever.:emoji_thumbsup:

Also having a lenticular cover (i assume thats what its called, thanks to Damin) could have something to do with a similar cover design for AvP, switching between predator and alien...

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
(beginning of quote not typed out of respect for some who might be offended). But this shit will turn you into a damn sexual ty-ran-o-saur-us!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks