What's new

Predator 5 star collection (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Shouldn't this just be a case of; if you hear PAL speed up, don't buy the DVD? If you don't, then what's the problem? We seem to go around in endless circles on this issue. I have watched thousands of films in both NTSC and PAL and can never hear the speed up. Which means I either have no pitch or am just lucky :)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
The PAL speedup argument is just boring. Some notice and care, some notice and don't, and some don't notice.

I don't.

And it's not about superior hearing or bollocks like that. I'm a musician and I can tune my guitars by ear.

Some people can see the lower res on NTSC, some notice and don't care and some don't.

I prefer the PAL resolution.

This is further muddied by some discs being better done in all areas than others. It's not a blanket situation.

incidentally, anyone with R2 The Limey should swap between the 2.0 and 5.1 tracks for an example of a PAL soundtrack that's been slowed.

There's no point in taking the argument further.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Well, despite what Mr. Staddon told us, we're not getting Predator SE this year. Arnold getting elected certainly shouldn't hurt the chances of a 2004 release though.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't finally release this in R1 to cash in on "Alien vs. Predator" next year in August. Maybe that will be the silver lining to an otherwise dark cloud.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Arnold said he'll treat the governship as full-time job, but I hope he can take a few hours off to record a commentary with some of the other stars.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Considering the worthless commentary that I've heard from him (what was the movie....I'm drawing a blank...but I remember it was wretched), I can do without one on Predator, thanks.

Oh, ja und here iss vair i choot him. Look ot him!

Haden

Supporting Actor
I think its a good bet we'll finally see the special edition ported to Region 1 and released in June/July 2004 to tie-in with the August release of Alien vs. Predator.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Too bad we have to wait that long. I'll skip the Arnold commentary if it will get the discs here any faster.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Im pretty sure Fox dropped the "5-Star" label, so maybe we might see this as just a regular 2-disc SE...I certainly hope so. Although the DTS track was great on the re-re-release, I hope they clean up the picture, because some scenes are excessively grainy and have a lot of blemishes.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Arnold might give a better coommentary if they sat him down with Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura. Worth a shot, anyway.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yes, Arnold can be entertaining when he plays off one or more people in the same commentary, especially when the other person leads the conversation and has a lot of interesting things to say. Perfect example of this being the commentary for Conan the Barbarian. It's quite entertaining to hear John Milius and Arnold discuss the film. It's one of the few commentaries I've listened to more than once. I don't think I'd like a Predator commentary with just Arnold and John McTiernan because John is dull to listen to, and Arnold wouldn't be given much to work with. I'd definitely prefer one with Arnold and Carl Weathers and maybe the that woman in the film.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Damn! Everytime I see any Predator thread recentlty posted it gives me the cringe.
Like most of us Predatorphiles out here in R1 territory, it's been painfully a long, long wait for a special edition.
If any of your buddies shows any signs of feminine touch. Make him watch this movie! It'll bring his testosterome level in check!
Predator... The Ultimate Guy's Testosterome Injector Movie !!! ...Recommended by Tough Guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks