What's new

Predator 3D coming to Blu-ray in December (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Persianimmortal said:
That's going a bit too far I think. T2 Skynet edition doesn't have anything like the scrubbing and brightness changes applied to the UHE. It looks reasonably good for the most part, but it could be better if remastered.Similarly, I think Predator could look a bit less dingy and the grain should be finer once Fox gets around to doing it right. I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying the 2008 version if you don't have a copy of this movie on Blu - it looks closest to what I recall seeing in the theater upon release.
Have you watched the entire UHE? I am not talking about looking at 15-20 screencaps, but the entire movie in motion? I would say 90% of it has the same level of detail as Skynet. They have a similar look actually. Bright and glossy - fairly strong contrast. Grant you, about 5% of UHE is just unbelievable anyone would ever DNR scenes that badly. I also agree there are not brightness changes like some scenes of UHE. But, a lot of both movies is very similar IMO.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
FoxyMulder said:
As far as i am aware Lionsgate have not released in the USA the new version that Canal + were responsible for, it was Canal + that created the new director approved film scan and encode of Total Recall and it is this version that is superior to all others.
It was released last year in the U.S.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't know about the mind bending edition of Total Recall, did Lionsgate do a new 7.1 audio mix like they sometimes do for their releases or keep the same 5.1 mix as the Canal + version. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks