What's new

PREDATOR 30th ANNIVERSARY (1 Viewer)

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I'm surprised much more has not been made on here about the 30th anniversary of the legendary Predator movie and so its worth mentioning it particularly as it did also enjoy a 3D release on Blu-Ray with a modest 3D effect on screen.

Great memories of returning to the cinema many times back in the day as they say to see Arnold in this excellent film way back in 1988 what and we all love to spot those little gaffs. The 80's and 90's were a magical time if you enjoyed action films usually with plenty on screen to keep you immersed in that roller coaster ride of a movie.

Having collected much of Arnolds work over the years I was really pleased when it was announced a 3D enhanced version of Predator albeit using the limiting JVC system to convert it, but even so it did bring the film perhaps back to a new generation of viewers also adding a little 3D to the mix which was welcome.

So here we are in 2017 and Predator is set to hit our cinema screens once again this month on the 9th along with a new anniversary trailer to view on the net. I don't think we will be seeing a 3D screening but its a great opportunity to see the movie in a cinema environment once again.

Happy 30th Anniversary Predator!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
For the record,the 30th Anniversary has passed. Predator was released in June of 1987.

Always loved this film. And 3D isn’t bad. By the way the same actor who portrayed the Predator also was Harry in Harry And The Henderson’s.

Kevin Peter Hall who tragically died too young at 35.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Hi Valentino. Perhaps you should contact FOX and let them know, they set the 30th Anniversary date for Nov 9th.
We sure are looking forward to seeing it at the cinema once again.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hi Valentino. Perhaps you should contact FOX and let them know, they set the 30th Anniversary date for Nov 9th.
We sure are looking forward to seeing it at the cinema once again.
To be honest I just don’t care enough to contact Fox.

And it’s still in its 30th year so technically they can release it anytime in 2017 and call it a 30th anniversary release.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Nice to see a packed cinema to watch the 2017 30th anniversary screening of Predator. We also projected Predator 3D here as well in the run up which was great fun.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Nice to see a packed cinema to watch the 2017 30th anniversary screening of Predator. We also projected Predator 3D here as well in the run up which was great fun.

It was a screening of the UHE transfer? or a newer one with the grain intact?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Our local independent theater has a 30th anniversary screening. I thought you all might like the poster they did.

600_465619598.jpeg

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There's a 4K version on iTunes that looks pretty good. Better than the original blu-ray and much better than that UHE mess, so I'd imagine it'll come from the same master.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation156
Recent bookmarks