What's new

Predator 2 special ed (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Agreed! I'm glad this is finally getting the special edition treatment. I'm eager to see those deleted scenes too. Nice cross-promotion, releasing it on the same day as Alien vs. Predator :)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Aw, c'mon... shameless re-release... I guess I'll get it... List price is only $19.99... :D

Kain_C

Screenwriter

Wow, that's the first (and hopefully only) time I have ever heard that! Not trying to be nasty, just stating my extreme surprise. I consider it one of the worst sequels ever.

Rob T

Screenwriter
damn. I got the first release for like $7 or $8. I might have to re-buy if it's cheap enough. :)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Danny Glover never seemed quite right without Mel in an action flick but it still was a decent sequel. A

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm extremely pleased with this development. I've always thought this film to be quite superior to the original, and I'll double dip in an instant.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Before "AvP" I would have agreed with you, but now it looks like "The Godfather Part II" in comparison.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Not everyone shares the same opinion about films, so you shouldn't be surprised that others, like this film more than you. IMO, I thought this sequel was pretty damn good.

Crawdaddy

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
good that i didn't pick up the first release and kept my german dvd but now it's time for an upgrade ;)

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Alright! I was actually going to pick up the current version at Best Buy the next time I went (it's only 9.99). This will be purchased as soon as it comes out. Thanks, Fox!

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
Argh!

I bought the movie-only, haven't watched it, now this one comes out...

Regardless, glad it's coming.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Very nice indeed - great news! So far I've lived with cheap R2 versions, finally I can have both Predator movies in a CE!

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also happy about this release. While not as thrilling as the original, it did have some nice action sequences and gave us a little backstory on the Predators. Let's hope they use better coverart for this, as the coverart for the bare bones is downright lame.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The deleted scenes would be nice to see, but I stuck with my Predator 1 DTS, and I think I'll stick with my Predator 2 DTS unless I can pick it up as cheap as the original release. Even then...

I try to only double dip on titles that had horrible or non-anamoprhic transfers. Just made some nice upgrades with Species (which even has some fun commentary) and Universal Soldier. For just $10 a pop too. THAT'S the way to re-issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks