Precision Acoustics Speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MartinShaver, Mar 20, 2005.

1. MartinShaver

MartinShaver Agent

Has anyone ever had any luck with these? I am a beginner with my home theater and just starting to get into it now. I have a limited budget and I already have an amp that my uncle gave me (Panasonic SA-HE100). Right now I have a mini system thats about 15 years hooked up with a small sony sub thats about 80w.

My question is, would this be a good setup for me to start with or would I not be happy with it at all?

I was thinking of the 6XT2 for the fronts, the PA8XS for the sub.5XC2 for the ceter, and the 5XB for the rear.

I found all of these on best buy's Canadian website.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    They're pretty much low end speakers... they'll make sound, doubt they'll be any good.. my firned bougth a pair awhile back for like, $40 i believe for his rear surrounds for his bedroom system.. he's satisifed for $40.. i myself hvent heard them...

3. MartinShaver

MartinShaver Agent

So they would be a satisfactory speaker to get for an entry level system till I get my student loans paid off. I am thinking of getting some Paradigm speakers after a few years. I am going to go for a sound test this upcoming weekend to listen and see what they are like.

Anything is better than my 30 x 2 mini stereo.

4. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

What kind of budget are you working with?

5. MartinShaver

MartinShaver Agent

I was thinking about $800 for speakers... for now